Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Linux instructions

Discussion in 'Support' started by stealthmode, May 11, 2017.

1. stealthmode

stealthmode New Member

I've rewritten your Linux launcher and game instructions to be more in line with what users might expect, also removed the unnecessary, and potentially dangerous, use of sudo.

• Open a terminal and run the command mono --version . In the first line, look for the version number. It should be at least 4.6.0. If the command can't be found, or your version number is lower, please follow the instructions on the Mono download website.
    • Create a directory to install the FurPowered launcher and games in. It should be somewhere in your home directory. You can do this on the terminal by typing mkdir ~/fplauncher
    • Download the launcher and unzip it into the directory you've just created. You can do this on the terminal by typing cd ~/fplauncher && wget https://download.amorousgame.com/download?platform=linux -O fplauncher.zip && unzip fplauncher.zip
    • Before running the launcher, you need to make the startup script executable. To do so, please run chmod +x FurPowered.Client
    • Run the launcher using ./FurPowered.Client and install the game. Make sure to select the correct operating system!
    • Do not run the game after installing. Exit the launcher and run chmod +x games/amorous/linux_x64/Amorous.Game.Unix
    • Afterwards, you can run the game using the launcher. Please keep in mind that you will have to return to the directory if you want to run it in the future (so cd ~/fplauncher && ./FurPowered.Client in our example)

el triptofain and Skidduh like this.
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Thanks for this! Small rectification: sudo was more-so for Mac, not for Linux, since it's a lot more restrictive when working with file on say your Desktop.

3. jeff larthea

jeff larthea New Member

its telling me that it cant find mono and asking me if i already installed it which i did and mono works. im not sure whats going on or how to fix it. i mean is it supposed to say that when launching the game?

4. el triptofain

el triptofain New Member

you can type in <mono -- version> and follow the instructions to update mono on the website

5. greg_

greg_ New Member

I did this near to the letter, only changing "linux_x64" to "linux," as that is what is in my games folder. However, whenever I try to launch the game through the launcher, I get the "game started" message, but the game does not actually start. Any suggestions?

6. Chopical

Chopical New Member

Please start Chromium as a normal user. If you need to run as root for development, re-run with the – no-sandbox flag.

just out of curiosity. why chromium?
    and can i change it to firefox? or is there some function of chromium that you are borrowing that no other browser has?