Shoutbox (Disabled)

Duplicate [Linux] Inconsistent file capitalization causing crashes

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Scope, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scope

Scope New Member

I imagine that the developers are working in a Windows environment rather than a Linux/OSX one, so I am extremely grateful for a Linux client at all. Thanks!

However, Linux systems care allow unique files to share the same name, but with different capitilazation schemes. So in Windows, you can access the file "B pants.xnb" with the name "B Pants.xnb", while Linux-based systems would throw an error. In addition, the capitalization scheme in the Assests folder is wildly inconsistent, both in file references and actual names. This results in a lot of runtime errors.

For example, entering the dancefloor caused a runtime crash until I renamed the following files. Each file took a full re-run of the game until the crash occurred to find the issue.

Code:
    "ClubInsideB/B pants.xnb"   -> "ClubInsideB/B Pants.xnb"
    "ClubInsideB/B top.xnb"   -> "ClubInsideB/B Top.xnb"
    "ClubInsideE/E Body.xnb"   -> "ClubInsideE/E body.xnb"
    "ClubInsideF/F pants.xnb"   -> "ClubInsideF/F Pants.xnb"
    "ClubInsideG/G pants.xnb"   -> "ClubInsideG/G Pants.xnb"
    I imagine that if I were to keep playing, I'd run into even more of these asset issues, so I'm not too inclined to keep playing. I enjoyed what I saw of it though, and would be glad to continue after this was fixed.

WeisserWolf likes this.
  2. Scope

Scope New Member

Okay, I lied. I kept playing through Coby, Jax, Seth, and Skye's storylines and only found one more issue.

Code:
    "/Scenes/SkyeBedroom/interactable bedroom - mirror.xnb"  ->  "/Scenes/SkyeBedroom/interactable bedroom - Mirror.xnb"

3. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Known issue, I have since wrote a test for the game to prevent these :) Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.