Shoutbox (Disabled)

Level 1 Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Drockan, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Drockan

Drockan New Member

I just played through the first level of Bareback Street and have a few critiques:

1. On my first attempt I kicked a male enemy into the area between the tracks and the stairs on the left in the subway area. He hit the ground and twitched, but never recovered. As a result, no other enemies spawned and I could not progress to the next area. Maybe he was stuck in the falling animation?
    2. When moving, the screen only scrolls when the avatar is at the very edge of the map. This is fine as long as there are no traps or enemies until the screen stops scrolling, but otherwise reduces visibility to near zero in the direction of travel.
    3. While pinned: Pro: Great animation! Con: The balance bar had some purpose? I didn't see any instructions, and no input appeared to have an effect.
    4. The yellow stun gun/tazer seems unbalanced. Other weapons I found had a rate-of-fire, ammunition limit, and only appeared to affect one target at a time, whereas the yellow tazer was able to hit multiple targets, sustain fire, and never appeared to run out of ammo. I was able to KO the boss in a matter of seconds with the one I found at the top of the subway stairs.
    5. Is there any way to drop items, aside from getting knocked down? It seems a pity to have to choose between a horse-dildo bat and the possibility of healing and getting powerups.
    6. On third playthrough, in the area after the basketball court I was KO'ed and never respawned. The game instead continued until the countdown timer ran out.
    I'm not trying to bash your game, just reporting gameplay issues as I find them. Hope I've helped in some way, and looking forward to future releases!

2. Ganerumo

Ganerumo New Member

A lot of enemies get stuck in the scenery in this game. If you get to the very end of the stage before reaching the boss, you can kick enemies down the hole in the ground and you'll be locked away forever since you can't reach and kill them.

I agree with the scrolling issues, there's a lot of the screen that's not used at all. Thankfully enemies appear in delayed waves so that's not much of an issue.

When pinned, you're meant to balance the struggle bar to the center and then press attack when prompted to escape. In reality, you just have to enter both direction keys at once to perfectly place it at the center and stop the animation at your leisure, which can be done even after the enemy has finished.

The weapons are all overpowered, the melee weapons are one hit kills and the stun gun is in fact a death machine. Even punching is overpowered as it'll easily stunlock enemies, as long as you don't perform a full combo.

You can holster items by pressing attack + special at the same time. If you are walking in any direction you will throw the item instead.

Never had the game over issue, sounds nasty. The game does have a lot of moments like this and the only solution is to just hit escape and restart.

3. Jasonafex

Jasonafex Team Amorous Team Amorous

The golden tazer having infinite ammo was an unfortunate leftover from playtesting. We needed a powerful weapon to blast through the fights to test later portions of the level in quick succession. The golden tazer is designed to be more devastating then the blue counterpart, but with a short lifespan. It will have a far smaller ammo capacity in the patch.

@Ganerumo : If you find all weapons and even Verge's attacks too powerful, you may simply be skilled at the game. Perhaps try playing on hard as the game garners more content. It is a similar strategy in SoR games to stagger your jabs and stunlock enemies to death.

4. Ganerumo

Ganerumo New Member

I only play on hard, it seems to be down my alley in terms of difficulty. Although I did notice that in Hard, health packs give a lot more HP than in other modes. Probably just a coding oversight, as it seems a bit backward.

5. akumakid

akumakid New Member

I noticed something odd. When i was throwing away the gold tazer when trying to get something. I short of got a graphic bug with the taser range being knee high. It was after doing the basketball court and it was about in the area with the explosives. im sure the glitch was because the building in the corner is overlapping with another 3d image. I did it with an enemy and the person freaked out. like she was idle stance on the ground. and the sprite kept fliping. lucky it corrected itself and camp back to the original but that overlap is an odd bug