Shoutbox (Disabled)

Let's talk about LEX baaayBE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gobalternate, Aug 3, 2017.

1. gobalternate

gobalternate New Member

this thread title is a play on words, but to get to the point, let's talk and discuss our experiences and feelings towards Lex.
    Personally I believe Lex was great. I was wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts on these few things (spoilers ahead for Lex's date path):
    Firstly, I could not get the dating path for Lex's gender to be male, I was only able to trigger the female path. Has anyone achieved the male ending? If so, how?
    Secondly, I was completely fine with Lex calling me dude, and I did not enjoy having my character say that dude was "too masculine" of a phrase.

All in all, Lex was a great character and I was astounded with the depth and though put into them.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    grapefruitparadise likes this.
  2. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

To trigger Lex being male, I believe you have to tell Lex you prefer males and usually only pursue relationships with males. (Not those exact words but something to that extent). Also, I completely agree that I was fine with Lex calling me dude, I am originally from California and everyone says dude there lol. So I was quite unhappy with my character saying it was to masculine, it kind of really put me off.

gobalternate likes this.
  3. gobalternate

gobalternate New Member

ok, so I'm not the only one! #legalizedude
    thanks for the tip.

4. SubmissiveBat

SubmissiveBat New Member

Throughout Amorous, most of the dates are like actual people I have met. However, Lex seems to be the only one that is very relatable to myself. As I've learned with a particular show that is so "evil" that it shall not be named, I really love characters that are relatable to me, since I never find them anywhere. So Lex is definitely going to be one of the big reasons why I'd want to replay Amorous in the future. Still a bunch of stuff that I don't do though, though it's all stuff that if things were just a slight different I'd be totally into it.

Lex not liking horror movies caught me by surprise since Lex seems pretty tough and self confident everywhere else in her dialogue. Though to be fair, I probably would hate horror movies too if I didn't have so much access to them growing up. I basically watched them growing up because I wanted to stop being scared all the time. Funny thing is, I stopped getting scared, but I started to like being spooked. However, I don't think something like that could happen if you got a friend messing with you whenever a horror movie happens.

It kinda bums me out that some references Lex makes are of things I don't know anything about because I'd probably get totally into those things. I'm especially curious about what Brazen Blur is a reference to. I haven't a slightest clue of any of the music bands. I only know of the Coheed (crow head or whatever it was) reference because someone said it somewhere else. I like the music, not too much of a fan of the singing voice cause it sounds pretty boring yet silly. Strange too because first time I heard Claudio was when he was on Gamegrumps as a guest where he was a pretty cool dude and actually gave a couple tips for singers.

I've never heard of "dude" being offensive before. Is saying "hey man" offensive too? Really made me go "wtf!?" when I saw the dude part.

On a side note. Why was there a policeman at a building that hasn't had anyone in it for decades? Like was on his normal route and that's a good place to check for drug dealers or something? Going a bit off topic, but what are the laws about going into abandoned buildings with no trespassing signs? Once upon a time I did that with some friends years ago and had a great time, but we never went to a place with trespassing signs. Though there are times where I wonder if there's like some untold law about some abandoned places just never being allowed to go to even without a trespassing sign.

Whatever the case is, out of all the Amorous characters, I see Lex easily being the best candidate for best friend material for me. :) (what no Lex smiley!?)

5. Tussive

Tussive New Member

It did feel super dorky to have lines like dude ~feeling too masculine~. Makes you come off like this big stick in the mud for getting upset over entirely harmless things.

Really, I wish one of the new options at the beginning was to have a chill Lex sort of attitude toward everything and not give a crap.

servicenginxreload and Sir Wolf like this.
  6. gobalternate

gobalternate New Member

how do you trigger that line of dialog?

7. TheFoxInTheHat

TheFoxInTheHat New Member

8. TheFoxInTheHat

TheFoxInTheHat New Member

I triggered Lex being male by going to Waders asking one easy question three hard questions and then asking why there so awesome and saying there's something there when they ask if your into them.Then say your done with the drinking game and ask Lex to come over.I know the one to play video games and the one to just relax work though I don't know about the others.Anyway you can fall asleep side by side and wake up to Coby watching you and Lex sleep.Lex leaves the room and Coby asks if thier male or female and you can choose male female or ill find out when I find out.When I said male Lex was a male when I said female Lex was female and when I said I'll find out when I find out Lex was female.Anyway this is what I did and it worked.I hope it helps in your conquest to get a male Lex

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  9. Pawsia

Pawsia New Member

Firstly I see what you did with the title ;D

Secondly I only have 3 problems with Lex's story:
    1: Dude is a title of sorts and the player being a butt about it is mildly annoying, they only complain once though so at least there's that and Lex never stops calling you dude anyways so xD
    2: There's like 5 ways to say yes to smoking but the only way to say no is saying it's bad for you, would it kill the player to just say "no thanks" like a normal person :p
    3: The story seems to insist that you question Lex's pronouns and such and it even assumes that you do before the final date, personally I didn't because that's not how I fly x3

Apart from those yes Lex is a pretty cool grounded character with a nice story :D

ababab678 likes this.
  10. FelixLambda

FelixLambda New Member

I won't lie lex is pretty THICC

11. Zzyzx

Zzyzx New Member

You don't have to question Lex about pronouns/gender at all if you don't want. ^^

12. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I personally find Lex one of the most annoying dates we have simply because of the high level of political correctness and SJW.

13. Adleisio

Adleisio New Member

I didn't get that vibe from some of the dialogue as at one point it is mentioned that she is indifferent to the whole gender thing and thinks it shouldn't matter, which would mean she has even less emphasis on being PC about it. It is more like she is saying she doesn't care for labels and their associated stereotypes. Where other characters seem to very outwardly express their gender and make sure that it is clear what pronouns should be used.

She actually seems a lot like me, I really hate the whole "please use my pronouns" thing and she even said she didn't care what people used so long it wasn't rude.

Even if she was meant to be a PC character, she doesn't come across that way in the slightest. She dresses however she wants regardless of her sex, again deemphasizing the gender thing.

She never says she is non-binary or anything like that, she just is her own person. And in the end she does tell you her gender showing she is fine with it, but doesn't like to emphasize it or make a big deal about it. As things should be.

14. Taeschno

Taeschno New Member

I quite like her atitude.
    Probably because i have no idea about the gender insanity and she likes hard music. Metal!
    Besides , smoking, drinking, not caring much .. . Perfect
    I would quite like to drink a bit with her and her friends ,maybe smoke a joint or so.
    Well , were gonna drink this evening in a Park with a few others so, why not?
    And Ha! I can drink whereever i want! You americans with your public drinking .. Where else would you get drunk ?!

15. Alex Furry

Alex Furry New Member

Dude is too Masculine... yeah it was not a great piece of dialogue but meh, my character had some talks about pronouns and stuff, I remembered what I chosed at the start making my character so I thought it was my fault, I also wanted to do masculine ending with Lex, didint knew you could do that, Lex was my first date, but overal it was good.