Shoutbox (Disabled)

Length of the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ReF, May 29, 2017.

1. ReF

ReF New Member

First of all i apologize for any mistakes cuz english is not my main language.

Is this game supposed to be that short? I mean, will this game (paths i mean) became a little longer in the end of development? I just think it can't be ended with the first sex. Like, first sex isn't the end at all and if my memory don't letting me down with some characters after sex scene you are talking about nearest plans or it's more like characters looking forward for a next dates (i may be wrong). So it sounds like there must be something more but i'm not sure.

I know, even if the game will save current format (predate, 2 dates + 1 date becoming sex scene) it's still a huge game for patreon project, but it's not that huge if player likes one character in specific like i am. I want get to know this character better then i already did, want more of him.. i mean.. more dialogs, more conversations and etc, want to spent more time on this character then game allows me. So that's why i'm writing it right now, i want to know if there a chance that my wishes become reality someday.

I saw short thread about this already, but there the man spoke about "life together" and kids. I know this is not what this game is about and i'm not asking for this. But still, a few more dates, one more sex scene(because why not), maybe something very special, i don't know, but there is must be something more. At least i hope so.

So can i get a direct answer on question from top?

2. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

Well, to be honest, extending the game further is mainly a matter of how many more assets are given.

The game has been found to be possible for users to mod due to the simplicity of the dating code and structure within the date .JSON files. It shouldn't take too long to learn, but take the extra precaution of backing up all files into a "test" folder, so that you can experiment with modding the game without ruining the copy you downloaded.

3. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

I find that Amorous as a whole is of acceptable length. However each individual date feels much too short, apart from also feeling way too simple. I'm sure those are both things that will be fixed over time however.

4. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

I know our lovely new writer has been itching to rewrite many of the previous dates to be more 'gender-neutral'. Maybe she will make them longer as well with more content?

5. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

A convenient fact is that the date path can easily be extended merely by adding events in the .JSON files (specifically, the Date ones). You see, the actual dialogue is just made up of very simple events, ordered by ID number. Any given one can be changed quickly, and entirely new ones could be made in droves. That's because all the information needed is stored in the events, and all assets are just "called" by the game engine.

Seriously, you're only limited by the amount of graphical elements which have been provided so far, so you can change clothes, facial emotions, location, write any amount of text you want (in any colour you want, and on whatever text box colour you want), create transitions, and even make choice prompts.

Skye's the limit (pun intended).