Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Launcher Opens, Runs normally, When the game loads, it crashes.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Halex222, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Halex222

Halex222 New Member

Yesterday, I had downloaded Amorous on my old laptop. (Dell XPS M1710 4Gb ram, win7 ultimate 32bit) everything worked fine, the launcher ran flawlessly. And when I opened the Windows game, the loading screen come up as a small white window both a large black border and the game crashes. With the dreaded error message reading- (game name) has stopped working, windows is looking for a fix. While it works on my work laptop, flawlessly. (Toshiba satellite 2-in-1 12gb windows 10 home 64bit)

As of now I cannot try any fixes due to the fact I'm at work. And as a side note, I downloaded the game twice and got the same ol' crash each time. Maybe if I take the game files off my work laptop, and transfer them to my old one. That might work?

Any suggestions? All are appreciated! Thanks! ;)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I think the problem in this case is the videocard. Try updating your drivers, otherwise if the Dell also has a dedicated card (like AMD/nVidia), be sure to force the game to use that in the control panel.

3. Halex222

Halex222 New Member

I had just updated the driver because I'd rather be safe than sorry but unfortunately, I'm not getting the option to force the game to use the Nvidia GPU.

4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

In the control panel of nvidia you should have a 3d settings section, where you can add a per-game profile, in there you can force your GPU onto the game.

5. Halex222

Halex222 New Member

I read something about there being a pull down menu giving the option to force the game to run on the nvidia gpu, this is what I see. And by the way, I really do appreciate the help! i also had forgotten to mention that the graphic card is the "Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 GS", didnt know if that was of any importance.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017