Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Known Issue: Unable to play sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lennian, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

This is a recurring issue for a handful of people, please leave a reply if you are struck by this issue and want to help me fix it.

---

I MIGHT have a potential fix.
    1. Download the following zip: http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal-binaries/openal-soft-1.17.2-bin.zip
    2. Start your launcher and be sure the game is fully validated and correct.
    3. Go to the folder where your launcher is using Windows Explorer.
    4. Go into: games/amorous/windows
    5. Overwrite the soft_oal.dll with the one found in the zip you downloaded at step 1.
    6. Start the game (either through launcher or by manually double-clicking Amorous.Game.Windows.exe)
    It's important not to re-validate your files after you replaced the file, because the launcher will just overwrite it with the original version again.

Can someone confirm this DLL fixes the issue (or not)?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. Blitz_Chaos

Blitz_Chaos New Member

To be honest I thought it was my computer that was causing Amorous until I took the time to actually read the message that popped up lol, anyways I just came here to stay that it won't play for due to "sound" and I am really confused on how this happened but oh well I'll just wait here.

3. Lennian

Heya, thanks for responding. Got one question: Which OS are you on?

Second, I MIGHT have a potential fix.
    1. Download the following zip: http://devbucket.amorousgame.com/soft_oal.zip
    2. Start your launcher and be sure the game is fully validated and correct.
    3. Go to the folder where your launcher is using Windows Explorer.
    4. Go into: games/amorous/windows
    5. Overwrite the soft_oal.dll with the one found in the zip you downloaded at step 1.
    6. Start the game (either through launcher or by manually double-clicking Amorous.Game.Windows.exe)
    It's important NOT to revalidate your files after you replaced the file, because the launcher will just overwrite it with the original version again.

Can you confirm whether or not this particular DLL fixes the issue for you?

4. Blitz_Chaos

Blitz_Chaos New Member

Hey its me again, so the OS I am currently using is Windows however I believe its starting to work again after I turned off my computer and turned it back on a day after but either way thanks for the advice and thank you for the de-bug.

5. Lennian

6. Xatumerian

Xatumerian New Member

I tried following the suggestion you gave step by step, but it didn't help. It keeps giving me the same error.

7. Ghostav524

Ghostav524 New Member

I can't even seem to download that zip. It fails to download everytime.

8. AoKami

AoKami New Member

• Either .NET Framework is corrupt or Windows blocked it for you. Right-click FurPowered.Client.exe, choose Properties, then click/check Unblock and Apply/Close.
      I have System.Net.WebException : The Operation Has Timed Out. Did I missing any file?
      I don't know where to click/check Unblock.
      [​IMG]

9. notalie

notalie New Member

I had this problem then I plugged in some headphones and it worked. My computer doesn't have built in speakers so without any headphones/speakers connected it thinks my sound is broken. My theory is the game requires the sound on your computer to be operational to launch. I'm pretty sure the average person already has their sound system sorted out but I felt is was worth mentioning.

10. Lennian

Thanks for that insight @notalie - I'll see if I can replicate that issue :)

11. leowayne

leowayne New Member

Seems like the download link is not working.

When i open this game for the first time it works perfect, and i finished the date with Seth and Zenith, but when i closed the game and opened it for second time the game just keeps on crashing and i can't find the way to fix it.

The crach report is "System.Reflection.TargetinvocationException: Exception has bee thrown by the targe of an invocation"

12. Hydrax01

Hydrax01 New Member

same

13. Lennian

14. eugen__ho

eugen__ho New Member

Hello, I did all the steps but it fail to open the same window and the game doesn't let go. What to do. I think this is due to the fact that my sound card is burned