Shoutbox (Disabled)

News Introducing a few moderators

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lennian, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Due to a recent increase in trolling, I have decided to appoint a few moderators to see how that works out.

I started out with @Wingz Of Death who is a personal friend of mine, who recommended me @BlackHusky as a cool person. Throughout today I received a few PMs recommending me to ask @Sublime Lizard as well to cover a broader spectrum of time zones.

However, it seems my choice for these moderators have caused a bit of a stir in the community. I want to assure you guys I have full faith in them after having talked with them in private and laying out the code of conduct when it comes to moderation. They understand their position, and they understand their role, and if they make constant rash decisions or are not active enough, they also understand they will simply be replaced by someone else.

So please cut them some slack, the only difference compared to a normal forum user is:
    • A blue name and banner
    • Ability to look at reports
    • Ability to give someone a warning
    • Ability to lock a topic
    • In worst case: the ability to hide a message for further moderation
    So for all people concerned about them going "power-mad" for whatever reason, they can't. All big decisions are discussed first and I will have final say in them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.