Shoutbox (Disabled)

In between dialogue art.*

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Weird Kitty, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

*I have no idea how to call this.
    Amorous is a game that in my opinion already reks the conventional Japanese visual novels in terms of graphics. Animated characters and animated art is something I have never seen in a VN before... but there is an element from those that I think it would be interesting to have in Amorous. As an example, you have a normal dialogue going on, and in order to show a bit more of the character and also serve as a little reward to the player for chosing that specific path, the game shows an art piece related to that character(Katawa shoujo example with dialogue window hidden, I know its not specifically Japanese but it works just like one).
    [​IMG]
    While I was searching for examples I found one that could fit for a part near the ending of the current Jax's path with the dialogue window on. Spoilers ahead:

Example that could fit Jax's path, more specifically when he loses his job.[​IMG]

These do not need to be animated in any form. A more detailed or not piece of art in a different angle that shows visually the emotions of the scene along parts of the dialogue that fits them. Chosing which parts of the MC to show would be up for the team because I don't know how hard it would be to do this since there is so much customization involved. I like to think of this as feeding little chocolate pieces to the player along the character's path, preparing them for the big chocolate cake that are the animated scenes.

Also a another suggestion is to have a key to hide and show the interface. If this is already in the game please let me know!

2. Bourlingueur

Bourlingueur Member

I like your analogy of the chocolate pieces, but in this case, even the idle animations of the main characters are animated. Wouldn't adding fixed pieces clash with that? Especially since the fixed images already seem linked to minor characters (like the author and the zebra barman in the club, for instance).

I don't dislike the idea, though. Maybe they could be unlockable bonuses?

3. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

Not really. It would be just a normal picture on the background without the use of any animated asset, just a normal art piece. The unlockable would be nice like... when you see an art piece you could always go back to the menu or your phone and check it again in a gallery tab, thats an idea.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  4. Patryk_Curra

Patryk_Curra New Member

The only issue I see with this is customization. These would be neat but they'd be super limited as to what they could do since you'd never be able to see your own character