Shoutbox (Disabled)

I'm pretty disappointed that the sex scenes don't respect my gender selection.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by allmydrunk, May 19, 2018.

1. allmydrunk

allmydrunk New Member

As a transman, I was beyond hyped that the game asked me about my gender in such a respectful way. Imagine my surprise when, upon reaching the Jax sex scene, my character had sprung a dong out of nowhere. Somehow that's way more insulting than not giving me the choice to be trans in-game in the first place.

If you're going to let me play as myself, make the scenes show that. Don't hit your players with unexpected dysphoria. I was so into it and not expecting the shift that the dissonance and dysphoria is actually making me nauseous. Not cool.

StellaLuna10 likes this.
  2. LACURO

LACURO Member

Lex ist simply a woman.
    Mercy the satyr is the Trans[wo]man in this Game what i know [sorry when have i spoilering this ^^] ;)
    I has think at first she was a Woman but later has she say waht she realy it. ^^

3. Kittish

Kittish New Member

I played as a biosex female, I was aware of the warnings when choosing that my 'penetrative role' would obviously be needed to be addressed (I felt this was done well in Lex's scene).

But colour me surprised when my lady grew a penis in the sex scene with Zenith, which him and the game, had made clear was the dominant penetrative role.

Zenith is definitely my favourite character, but that issue took me so out of that scene and completely ruined the pay off to his story.

4. LACURO

LACURO Member

Yeah ok that can i understand. ;)
    Ok This Game was made primary for male user,
    but this Game for both Genders?
    Thats whould realy better. ^^
    Than can we see the Sex Scenes in three Versions+.
    Male-female/female-male/Male-male/female-female ect.
    I find this thought very apealing ^^

5. servicenginxreload

servicenginxreload Member

As far as I know, the questions simply modify pronouns in the context of dialogue and don't influence much regarding the sex scenes, because in order to actually change the genders, every scene would have to be redone. It was part of working towards a medium without completely reanimating all of the scenes in the game. The main character was designed to be male, and all the scenes were animated as such. The questions weren't added until later releases.

6. allmydrunk

allmydrunk New Member

I didn't see any warning about penetration or anything. For reference, I was on the Steam version, and altered the files to show NSFW content.

Regardless, the current situation is very half-assed, especially since the game advertises, and I quote:
    • Fursona Maker / Character Creator with content for all gender, body-type and personality preferences.
    Saying that I can play as a transman and then throwing in "but you'll grow a dick randomly, whoopsie" is more aggravating and dysphoric than just not letting me have the option in the first place.

7. ke55

ke55 New Member

With gender they meant gender identification I think.
    Also, you can't choose a vagina in this game, the "slit" penis option is meant as a genital slit for lizard characters.
    You're not the first to see that option as a vagina, so maybe the devs should have made the character slightly aroused, so you could see that there's a dick in there.

8. Kittish

Kittish New Member

Actually I didn't choose the slit option, as I knew that was intend for more a reptilian body (knew full well there was a penis in hidden there). I chose the 'none' option which I thought meant exactly that.

I agree with allmydrunk on this, why even have those options there if they're not going to be utilized. Why open the door on inclusivity just to slam it in our faces? I'm not asking for completely new scenes depending on gender and everything else. Just at least tweaked to show the choices I made. As this really does fail in 'content for all gender, body-type and personality preferences.'

After playing the game, I know full well the game was designed solely for male bodied protagonists in mind, so why didn't it stay that way? I would have enjoyed the game so much more having the restriction of making just 'male' characters when I first played.

I still enjoy the game and have replayed with male characters since, it just soured my first experience.

9. Pluckbird

Pluckbird New Member

It's funny because my experience with the gender stuff has been completely different. I created a pretty lady bird for my first playthrough and the game even popped up a message saying that my selection of gender would have no bearing on who does the topping in a relationship - has it rightly shouldn't! We're talking about a furry dating game after all and separating sex from gender is arguably the most furry, liberal approach to sex they could have taken. We have plenty of characters in the game with mixed physiology and that doesn't seem to raise any eyebrows. It's great!

But I get what you're saying about the inexplicable girl penis stuff. But don't you think I'd be better to simply add like a strap-on option for sex scenes where you're dickless character is topping, and clipping out the cock for the animations where you're subbing? Maybe add a note about it or something when you select you decide on your char's bits.

That way, they wouldn't have to exclude possible dates based on your characters gender or anatomy - or worse yet - redo all the sex scenes with both a top and sub option! That sounds like a massive waste of time and effort that could go into creating new characters and dates, perhaps with more sexual alternatives.

Not to mention that some of the characters and their preferences pretty well established - like your adorable brother for example. Coby in the game quite clearly prefers to be on the receiving end of things and overwriting his preferences based on your character's gender doesn't make much sense.

They could make it clear through the dialogs that if you want to sex it with Coby or any other subs, you better whip out a strap-on or something. That would give players a chance to back out of it's something they're uncomfortable with.

Would that solve the problem you have with the game?

EDIT: Wow. Massive all of text. Sorry!

10. LACURO

LACURO Member

I Think for the common Ubdate it whould be a good Idea introuduce
    new Characters with the Options for the two Genders include sexcene animations.
    The actual Characteres afterwards to modified whould be realy to much work.
    I belive thats not realizable.
    :::::::
    Hmmm Skye with a other woman...eeeehhh shit Daydreams XD
    :::::::
    Serously, this very cool Game and has very huge Potential to evolved, in the future,
    in we can play with a woman Characters too.
    To Dating new Characters [Female and male Shemals what ever ;) ] with all logical consequences ;)
    Is that an Idea? Or Not? ^^

11. Kittish

Kittish New Member

Yes! I agree completely!

Same as you, I also got the message at the start stating the penetrative role my character would be in. I welcomed it actually, I was really glad there is a game that allows a woman to be the main penetrative role that also included men. A refreshing change of pace. (And very much a kink of mine)

That's mainly where my issue lies, the scenes with growing unwanted anatomy. If the scenes where tweaked slightly to show no penis (aka Zenith's scene) or as you said, a strap on, that would be excellent. That's what I was hoping would be the case when I first started the game.

As an example, I said I enjoyed Lex's scene, as dialogue was added with them reaching into their backpack 'their bag of tricks' and descriptions about penetration where kept neutral, plus with the animation that followed it was easy to suspend my disbelief with the scene being for either gender.

The same with Coby's scene, there's enough dialogue leading up to and in the scene itself which reflects my gender choice. But, I was let down with the animation as my character had not only grown a penis, but a set of testicles too (which I might add, also happens if you create a character with a penis and no balls).

Sorry if that didn't come across in my previous posts, I'm not wanting characters to switch any preference nor do I want an entire set of newly created animations dependent on selected gender types. Too much unnecessary work.

As I said I don't hate the game, I really enjoyed it, just disappointed with the follow through on the character choice being reflected in the animations. As it shows this clearly was an after thought and I would have had no issues if the game was solely restricted to making just 'male bodied' characters from the get go.

I'm also sorry for the massive text wall! :eek:

12. Pluckbird

Pluckbird New Member

I played a few scenes with a ball-less character just to see if the animations would take that into account and he seems to have them there in some scenes and lack them in some. Schrödinger's balls!

Anyway, after giving your posts a reread I might have misunderstood on you. Or maybe confused you your point with some of the other I've read on this forum. Regardless, I agree. The inexplicable genitalia should be fixable. It's a tad odd how no-penis and no-testicles are even options to begin with if the game won't take those choices into account.

I gotta give them some credit for going the extra mile and taking into account my lady bird's mixed physiology in the Lex scene though! Would have been easy to just go for a different angle and not show the player's bust at all. Most of the dialog seem to take at least that aspect of your variable anatomy into account - although there's a strange reference to shaving in one of the Lex dates that I feel they should probably if-out. Little things like that would go a long way to make the experience feel more tailored and unique!

ShimmeringStallion and Eri like this.
  13. Eri

Eri New Member

I agree with all of this.

14. BillyGoat4905

BillyGoat4905 New Member

when I finnaly got to the sex scenes, all it showed was there face surrounded by a big heart, what gives?

15. paperbaginactive

paperbaginactive New Member

True, I was gonna make a female character and was hoping that there was an option for a vagina. Hope they add one soon, though I don't think it will come any time soon ;V

16. PenguinDeviant

PenguinDeviant New Member

If not a strap on, maybe a double ended object would suffice too.