Shoutbox (Disabled)

Ideal place to live?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Scrydan, May 6, 2015.

1. Scrydan

Scrydan Active Member Team Amorous Supporter Dark Army Enthusiast

Time for another exciting thread where we learn more about ourselves! Anyways, what would be a place you'd love to live but cannot? Is it a place in any particular biome or part of the world? Is it quiet and far from people or close to the heart of a city and every restaurant or store you frequent? Do you like where you live now or is it simply just a need to move from your living space to someplace near but not in that apartment/house/place of residence?

Personally, I'd love to either live some place in the mountains or perhaps in the middle of the woods. The only problem is I'd also need fast internet and naturally that will be the biggest obstacle if not living near other people. Don't get me wrong, I love being around people - at least people I know or care about. Otherwise they are possibly noisy distractions. But I do live where I live as far as location goes, but better scenery away from apartments could be good. If not for the fact I get Google Fiber soon, when and if they ever come...

2. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Boulder, Colorado.

Dreamed of living there since I was a kid. It's nice and cold, it's nice and high, that last point now has a double meaning which is always nice, it's a big ol' city right next to can't-see-anyone-for-miles gorgeous mountains (I love cities and wilderness, but HATE suburbs - mainly because I live in one and it's as milktoast middle class white-picket-fence as you could possibly imagine and therefore miserably boring), and it has a huge tier-2 widely respected university with a Ph.D program in the exact branch of genetics I intend on specializing in.

It's so perfect it's like they built it just for me.

3. Frothgar

Frothgar Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

When it comes to where I would like to live for the rest of my life I have no clue, ive never really thought about it, however I would love to visit places such as Japan, Australia, and England just to name a few. I grew up in British Columbia Canada, and have always wanted to move back there because I dont think I really appreciated the scenery when I was young. Right now im currently living in Alberta and its just a flat land of farms and lakes nothing exciting no mountains or anything like that.

4. Wingz Of Death

Wingz Of Death Moderator of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator Dark Army Enthusiast

call me crazy but... i always wanted to live in a deep underground lab with a big hub with lava lakes... but thats never gonna happen. so i dont know, anywhere would be fine for me where there are lots of buildings where i can climb on becauce i love to freerun alot, it doesnt matter if there are small or big buildings i can climb on anything.
    my record for the tallest building i've been on is 70+ meters tall.
    LIVING THE DANGEROUS LIFE BABY WHOOO

Crypto likes this.
  5. Prenco

Prenco New Member

Iceland is so serene that it's eerie. There's an ancient quietness to the country, and so much of the land is untouched; even the air tastes fresher. Number 1 place to live if I could ever afford a second home.

6. Slow2Life

Slow2Life New Member

Back where I grew up: Spruce Pine, NC. It's a quiet little town on the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Hardly anything goes wrong out there, the roads are excellent for my driving style, and there is an apple orchard 15 minutes away (I do love my apples)

7. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

Anywhere but fucking Brazil. Seriously, this place sucks. I'm tired of it.
    Someone drop me in Canada or something. That's where most of my friends are anyway.

8. Nadia

Nadia Member

I'm not sure but maybe Austria or another country in europe, I'm to afraid of the US to go there but Canada is nice as far as I know.^^

9. Wingz Of Death

Wingz Of Death Moderator of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator Dark Army Enthusiast

Well... go to the netherlands and join the dark side MUHAHAHA

10. Scrydan

Just hope you brought a flint&steel and that the portal doesn't go out, or you'll be trapped there forever...oh wait, wrong nether lands.

11. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Oh you.

12. Wingz Of Death

You dick xD

13. Scrydan

You said join the dark side! What could be more darker than being surrounded by floating jellyfish-like creatures that sound like cats with their voice altered?

Well lots of things, but still! :p

I personally couldn't see myself moving from where I am unless I or whomever wants me moved could guarantee certain things. For one, a way back if worse comes to worse. Enough money to frequently come back to Kansas so I can say "there is no place like home" visit my dad often enough. And well it better have decent internet and location, location, location...away from anyone who would interrupt my daily internet habits. And a government that doesn't suck - then again, we'd all move there if that existed anywhere at all. :p

As bad as the current is, at least I somewhat feel okay - I am used to what I have. I don't want to have to relearn a whole new set of horrible laws. lol
    Alas, there might be a day it'll have to happen. And we learn stuff all the time, so who knows?

14. Sykowolf

Sykowolf New Member

Id like to live in Sweden. I love the cold and I know a number of people who live there. Good friends of mine.

15. Razuel Dracon

Razuel Dracon New Member

I'm not so picky of where to live but more so a nice forested area living in a expensive house with a dock by a lake, to be only woken up by the tweeting birds, or maybe a loved one, just not that GOD DAMNED PHONE, only peacefulness.

Reeden likes this.
  16. Varismatra

Varismatra Member

L.A don't know why it just seems funny

17. OKTrite

OKTrite Member

Honestly, I kinda wished I lived in Great Britain or England, somewhere. Really, anywhere's better than Texas, especially since Britain is where a majority of my friends live.

18. MikeFurry

MikeFurry New Member

Even drunk on a bet, you make it to Canada...

=^.,.^=

19. RaxeRox

RaxeRox New Member

L.A or Australia ... even Canada is an option for me

20. TobiasB

TobiasB Member

I'm already in my ideal place :)