Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support I can't get Fursona Maker to work on Linux nor on Windows

Discussion in 'Issues and Bugs' started by Alex_Shark, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

Hello, I'm Alessandro and this is the first time I try Fursona Maker. I'm on Sony VAIO, OpenSUSE 13.2, and tried Fursona Maker. I followed all the steps to set and launch it. But when I tried to get it started, nothing happened.

So I tried the software on my parents' PC, Windows Vista, and installed FM. The installation process is fine, but when I launch FM, while it is loading, the software freezes and I have to restart it. But when I restart FM, the problem shows up again during the loading phase.

Maybe I missed something? Or it's my OS? What should I do?

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Could you post your output.txt to pastebin.org and provide a link, it's in FursonaMaker_Data if you go into the directories of the launcher. Sounds like a memory issue, which the update from last friday SHOULD have drastically reduced, so I'm curious. Or you are running the game on a potato.

3. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

Heh, a potato. Nice one! :D

Btw, sure. Let me try again and I'll post the file. Thanks. :)

4. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

Looks like your latest update has fixed the issue I was initially having. Now everything is running smooth and fast. Thanks anyway, Lennian. :)

EDIT:
    Nevermind, looks like a new issue took its place which messed up the game templates while playing it. It says "Error 2016-04-03_100600", "Error 2016-04-03_101526" and "Error 2016-04-03_101652".

How do I upload them here?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  5. Lennian

Zip it all up, then put them on Google Drive or whatever for me to download :)

6. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

Sorry for my late reply, Lennian. Here is the ZIP File I shared on Google Drive.

7. Lennian

Jup, you run out of memory, you have 241MB VRAM, which SHOULD be enough. I'll look into it, thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.

8. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

You're welcome and thanks for the support. But there actually is another problem with the game's characters templates (which might be very important), even if I'm unsure if it might be related to the previously mentioned "Error 2016-04-03_100600", "Error 2016-04-03_101526" and "Error 2016-04-03_101652".

I had a screenshot which showed this issue, but I lost it. I'll take a new screenshot and send it to you. :)

9. Lennian

I'm pretty sure its an issue where all parts are dislocated. Which happens if your game has black bars. Work-around: Run the game in a 16:9 resolution in windowed mode if your monitor doesn't support that natively.

10. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

Yeah, that's right. All parts are dislocated. That's how I was trying to define it. :) And I think the computer had already set the 16:9 Resolution Windowed Mode when I started the game.

11. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

I just tried the game again (after updating it) and it gave me, once again, "Error 2016-04-06_115506". Screen settings:
    • Resolution: 800 x 600
    • Graphics quality: Simple
    • Select monitor: Display 1
    • Mode: Windowed
    Now I just tried with the lowest resolution, 640 x 480, but nothing changed. The only difference is that the game was taking much longer to load.

But either way, the game still has black bars.

EDIT
    Here are the new ZIP file "Error 2016-04-06_115506" and the game's Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  12. Lennian

The resoluion has to be 16:9, otherwise that happens. The reason it crashes is simply because you lack enough video memory. There might be a bug, or your GPU is just crappy ^^'

13. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

Yeah, I got that the resolution has to be 16:9 but which one of these is it? (Forgive my ignorance in terms of computer resolution)

[​IMG]

And what about the Graphics Settings?

[​IMG]

14. Lennian

1280x720 is de first 16:9 in the list, run it windowed.

15. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

Ok, the software finally appears to work smooth, more or less. Now I have one last (extra) question. Does this forum have a page, or section, where I can provide feedbacks that can help to improve Fursona Maker?

16. Lennian

17. Alex_Shark

Alex_Shark New Member

18. Sythe

Sythe New Member

I'm experiencing a similair issue this thread began with, I'd hoped to provide the output.txt's in this post but I can't seem to find them, could you please be more specific on where I could find these files? I'm using Xubuntu 15.10