Shoutbox (Disabled)

How many characters will appear in the final version of Amorous?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meep, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meep

meep Guest

Hi, I recently started playing Amorous and was wondering how many NPCs/dateable characters there will be. Will there be a lot of characters for different preferences or just a select few?

2. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

3. meep

meep Guest

4. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

5. Velocity

Velocity New Member

What about Gen and Vergence, Because i heard about them making an appearence with date path

6. LimeDragon27

LimeDragon27 Member

I think they would be background characters if they did, or maybe side characters in a date path who make a appearance within that said date path for whatever reason. Not characters you actually date and fuck though.

7. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

Technically, sky's the limit, really.

In terms of planned ones, the number so far appears to be 9, with 6 guys and 3 girls: Jax, Zenith, Coby, Seth, Dustin, Mercy, Skye, Remy, and Jackie. The reason why this is it for v1.0 is because that's an enormous amount of animations already. I am not sure what the road to v2.0 holds, but it's highly likely that it will be inclusion of VA work for the collective of interactive characters.

The game does exist in a format in which user-generated content could be made with ease, such as, but not limited to: Date path mods, additional dates, GUI changes, and for those who are both users of the Fursona Creator and are good at animation, possibly new dates.

MirceaKitsune likes this.
  8. BunnyBoy24

BunnyBoy24 New Member

I feel like there needs to be more guys :/

9. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

When I got into Amorous (v0.4 I think), there were already over 5 characters, and I believe all were male (Skye was the only female). I think the current balance in the latest version is a lot better.

Sir Wolf likes this.
  10. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

There are already more men then women.....this is common with most furry games so I am quite pleased with how there are as many women to court as is. Could use more women if anything lol.

Akarai117 and MirceaKitsune like this.
  11. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

Amorous is a game meant primarily to appeal to a bisexual audience, and lesser extent to straight and gay audiences. There is absolutely no real reason to skew the distribution of characters to one side. Amorous already is going to have seven males and only three females at v1.0, which is extremely biased towards males.

If you want more, make your own.

MirceaKitsune likes this.
  12. Sky Ochsner

Sky Ochsner New Member

They did say on Patreon that if 2 certain goals were reached (Which they were) Verge and Gen would have short date path and animated scene for the PC to go through, so perhaps there will be. I wish Kane was a dateable character XD

13. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

Of any characters present in game that have dialogue, the easiest for players to implement would be Kane. Kane's nude sprites can be found in (or derived from, really) one of Jasonafex's animations. His presence in Kabier's comics also gives significant reference and vantage points for filling in the blanks. The only difficult part is implementing that into the engine.

14. reggiefall

reggiefall New Member

Are Tre and Jackie still going to be added?

15. Sky Ochsner

Sky Ochsner New Member

Tre's owner no longer wanted him in the game and Jacky was merged with Alexia to create 1 character.

16. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

Seriously? They merged Jacky into ALEXIA? Jackie had so much more potential! Well, I guess I'll wait for a Jackie mod.

17. Sky Ochsner

Sky Ochsner New Member

Yeah, that's what they said on Patreon

18. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Bummer, I think most people were looking forward to Jacky the most out of the characters remaining.
    Also, Alexia smokes... huge turnoff :/

19. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

Yeah, I know. Thankfully, people have the ref sheet to work off of, so modding Jackie into the game is not a difficult matter.

Sir Wolf likes this.
  20. Supreme Overlord Llama

Supreme Overlord Llama New Member Team Amorous Supporter

I wanna clarify something. The exact answer I got on patreon was "Alexia and Jackie are being homogenized into one character". There was no mention of which character is staying or if both will be in the date path and you had choose one or anything like that. So as it currently stands nobody knows if it's Alexia or Jackie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.