Shoutbox (Disabled)

Grappling

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by RoyArtorius, Oct 8, 2015.

?

Should grappling be done by walking into enemies or by pressing a button?

1. Walk into enemies

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Button Press

51 vote(s)
    86.4%
  1. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

I've heard discussion about grappling in the game and I'm curious of what people would prefer. The results of the poll may not change anything but it would be nice to at least see.

Kiba the wulf likes this.
  2. DarkMaster

DarkMaster New Member

Far too often I tried to get away from enemies only to start grappling them. The current system just doesn't work.

Zadoc likes this.
  3. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

Same. And at times when I tried to actually grapple the enemy, I'd spend more time running at them trying to figure out how to actually do it and, when I finally did find out, I'd be cut short by another enemy. Overall, this system is very puzzling.

4. Bourlingueur

Bourlingueur Member

I don't mind running into enemies to grapple them, it reminds me of when I played Streets of Rage and the mechanic worked fine in that game. Giving players a chance to practice it in a tutorial would be nice.

5. soulus42

soulus42 Member Team Amorous Supporter

I think I would prefer to grapple by pressing a button over running into enemies.

6. Zurch

Zurch New Member

In my opinion, something like that should be triggered by pressing a button, but if a player isn't told which button, the range or the use of grappling, it's pretty much wasting effort. Don't get me wrong, I quite like the game, but a tutorial would be great to really understand the moves and not just learn it the hard way.

7. A BLT

A BLT New Member

I'm in favor of the button press. It lets you get a visual on how far it goes, you can practice before proceeding left like you can with the punching and jumping. I'm more shocked you guys went this route, but this is also coming from a pretty involved member of the FGC so it shouldn't shock anyone at all why this is my position. Combining the Break out and Punch button would probably be a good spot for a grapple button.