Shoutbox (Disabled)

Generally Deep Stuff

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Whitelight41, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Whitelight41

Whitelight41 New Member

You can post your ideals on life and whatever you feel.

2. Whitelight41

Whitelight41 New Member

True love isn't real... Until you make it real! :) I believe that you have to find the right person to make true love between the couple.

BlackHusky likes this.
  3. Connery

Connery Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Your diea of life is wrong until you realize that it is a timespan, defined by the date you're born and the day you die.
    A "good" life can hereby be defined by the maximum of luck a person can experience, however this differs the more pain a person has suffered since we consider deltas of luck in this case.

TL;DR:
    Get lucky during your life, that's all that matters.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Whitelight41 likes this.
  4. Whitelight41

Whitelight41 New Member

So very true but the technology we have can lead to immortality.

5. Connery

This is not true, contemporary technology could only eliminate natural death in the future, however we'd still be mortals.
    Do you think that getting hit by a train with 200km/h will be different in the future from what it is today?
    I don't.

6. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

We'd need some serious crowd control if immortality becomes a thing. Still, I think it's pretty safe to say it's really far away if at all ever possible before we find ways to stop our cells from aging with each regeneration. And putting your brain in a new body isn't going to solve that issue either.

7. Connery

If we were to live forever, we'd need to find the balance between population and the regrowth of resources our planet can handle. Then we'd need to award birth rights to the families, meaning that for every dead person, a new can be born in order to keep the balance.

8. Whitelight41

Whitelight41 New Member

Well we have the technology for Putting a brain into a machine but not the medical technology to keep it alive so we are on the VERGE of it.

9. Whitelight41

Whitelight41 New Member

That is what i meant Natural death is the only thing that always kills you. If you take that out of the equation people would have to eventually kill you.

10. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

A brain is still a whole bunch of cells, which degenerate over time, if when in the body of a robot.

11. Connery

What's interesting is what'd happen to one if parts of the brain were slowly replaced with bio-chips. What would happen to the consciousness?
    Do "we" actually "exist"?

SkyLeone likes this.
  12. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Nanobot technology!

Whitelight41 likes this.
  13. Connery

That's not really a answer to the question

14. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Sorry, I wasn't really answering it I was just mentioning adding nanobots to the human body.

I would say if the person retains all of their memories and emotions they would still exist.

Whitelight41 likes this.
  15. Whitelight41

Whitelight41 New Member

Yes that's why we are on the verge of it when we have the medical knowledge to keep the brain alive

16. Jomackson

Jomackson New Member

What if all it took for everyone to coo-exist and live in harmony was to have open hearts, minds, and souls and a habit to see good potential in all people no matter what they have done or do?

*edit was misspelling that I noticed right away

Whitelight41 likes this.
  17. Jomackson

Jomackson New Member

I have seen plenty on things about whether retaining memories is possible, whether with people loaded to a.i. or even clones keeping their DNA sources memories, but there is a tragic truth. No matter how far science advances you would to create identical memories have to cause neurons in the brain to mimic at such an impossible level even reliving the precise way they DNA source did is far more likely. Memories are just the signals our brain makes that will always be unique to the person who transmits them.

Whitelight41 likes this.
  18. Jomackson

Jomackson New Member

Here is one for you guys; if a clone was born, would they be a copy of their source in how they would develop, or would they be right in seeking an identity of their own?

Whitelight41 likes this.
  19. Jomackson

Jomackson New Member

Also an abstract for you (I do too much deep thinking you might say); What if what we call human nature is actually being sentient life and in truth life in other biospheres across space also have the same natures and ironically tie it to their species errors as we do?

Whitelight41 likes this.
  20. Whitelight41

Whitelight41 New Member

That is very complicated due to the clone being raised differently than the original "Our experiences make us who we are" So The clone wouldn't want to be thought of as the original person and they would try to get their own identity.