Shoutbox (Disabled)

Fixed General: Saves need to be validated [0.8.1]

Discussion in 'v1.0.3' started by SkyVoid, Jul 25, 2017.

1. SkyVoid

SkyVoid New Member

I have not seen any fix or anyone else having this problem, I probably just didn't look too deep into on the forms but for as far as I can I see I cannot find any fix or anything acknowledging this problem.

I was just playing the game, going through Skye's dating storyline and suddenly, the game closes, I tried reopening and the first time, nothing happened, then I opened it again and all I got was an error message saying this

"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I tried verifying the files and relaunching the game without the launcher, didn't fix it, then again with the launcher, nothing.

Is there a hotfix in the works for this or are you aware of this at all? do I just wait for a game update or is there something I gotta do to make it work.

Skye is mah waifu, I must get back to her as fast as possible!

(that was a joke)

Have a Nice day!!

P.S - I love this update, the new characters and such, it's so perfect! great job!!

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Not sure what's up here. Could be your Save got corrupted and triggers this. Can you send it over? Use pastebin.org :)

3. SkyVoid

SkyVoid New Member

Yes my save was corrupted, how did it get corrupted so i can avoid losing my save??

4. Lennian

Can you sent it over for investigation?

5. SkyVoid

SkyVoid New Member

Okay, how should i send it??

6. Lennian

Open your save in notepad (located at <launcher>/games/amorous/windows/Saves), then copy+paste the result into a pastebin.org, and give me the link :)

7. SkyVoid

SkyVoid New Member

I have multiple saves, this was the final save i had before the game crashed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2017
  8. Lennian

Is this the save that actually crashes the game?

9. SkyVoid

SkyVoid New Member

it was actually the autosave that messed up the game, i tried to open it with notepad and it was completely blank

10. Lennian

Well, there's the problem then :p In that case I'll add some extra logic to the game to make sure the save is actually valid. It now assumes when the file exists, everything is A-OK. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)