Shoutbox (Disabled)

Fixed General: Black screen in Club

Discussion in 'Closed' started by AureusVulpes, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AureusVulpes

AureusVulpes New Member

1. Tell us about your system, is it a Windows or a Mac? Which version? How many RAM do you have?

Windows 7 64-bit. System operates with 16 GB of RAM. GeForce GTX 960, confirmed update to latest video driver after initial discovery.

2. Which version of the game where you running?

Latest, 0.8.1, in an attempt to test new content for problems. Got startup bug instead. (success?) Reinstalled launcher and game and verified driver up to date after first error discovery in an attempt to resolve. No luck.

3.Describe the problem clearly by answering questions: What were you trying to do? What actually happened? What were you expecting to happen?

Attempted to load old game first to verify save fluidity.(EDIT: Save was last used in Version 0.7 release) Got the expected questionnaire, and after answering only the gender preference questions (nothing about clothing, if that matters), I briefly see the Amorous splash (2 pairs of characters waving to one another), and then permanent black screen until force close. Clicking around doesn't seem to do anything useful. A seemingly random music plays, it's different every time. (EDIT: It occurs to me that I believe the last place I was at was the club.) Problem occurs identically if started in fullscreen or windowed or if switched to either or after problem occurs.

Attempted to start new game to see if something broke in my save or if it became incompatible. Clicking new game ->skip prologue causes a black screen with character creation music. Starting a new game with prologue has no issues until I reach the club, at which point I get a blackout with the club music. Windowed and fullscreen produce identical problems.

4.We're you able to reproduce the problem? If so, what steps did you take?

All errors were reproduced in triplicate exactly as described to verify.

5.Add anything you think is useful to us: additional information, screenshots, vague error-codes, etcetera.

No error codes are shown and the game doesn't close or explicitly crash.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Can you sent the old save over through pastebin.org? Looks like something didn't go right :) I still feel your club assets got corrupted. The random music is the club music.

3. AureusVulpes

AureusVulpes New Member

I could, but as you said, it seems like the club assets got corrupted somehow. Not sure how this could have happened twice in a row, across deletions and re-installs to a new directory. The added point about it happening in a new game entirely also points to the club files. Not really sure how I could go about fixing it or if it's another issue entirely unrelated to the game I'm overlooking.

4. Sy Husky

Sy Husky New Member

Just wanted to drop in and say I'm having the same problem. The game is entirely unplayable now after the 0.81 update. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, updated my graphics driver, and I get a black screen with music playing whenever I try to move to a different area of the club. I've had a couple of instances where I am able to click randomly and talk to Coby which takes me out of the black screen, but am immediately put back into it when I try to use an option on the phone or click a different area again.

5. Lennian

Very odd, given I haven't changed a thing in how transitioning works since v0.7 - and also how its apparently specific to the club and not the other scenes...

EDIT: Try the attached hotfix. Should report as version 0.8.2a when properly installed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  6. Sy Husky

Sy Husky New Member

Where does this need to be extracted? Put into the windows folder of the game, but it's still showing as 0.8.1.

7. Lennian

<launcher location>/games/amorous/windows, overwrite everything when asked (it should ask even). Just run the .exe afterwards, do not validate using the launcher!

EDIT: Also hit TAB before loading a save. It should show debug-text onscreen.

8. Sy Husky

Sy Husky New Member

This fixed all the issues I was having! Thanks for your fast response time! You rock. :)

9. Lennian

Great! In that case I'll make sure it ends up in v0.9, thanks for testing :)

Sy Husky likes this.
  10. AureusVulpes

AureusVulpes New Member

Ill give this a try after i get home in the morning. busy day yesterday. Glad it helped someone else, feeling optimistic!

11. AureusVulpes

AureusVulpes New Member

Update: Confirming fix for me as well. Excellent work!

12. i need help

i need help New Member

I need help every time i go the club all i see is a black screen i have a laptop i reinstalled the game still nothing i can only see anything when i do the prologue but as soon i as i enter the club all i see is a black screen but i can still hear things and i can see my mouse what do i do

please

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2017
  13. Lennian

Download an apply the hotfix mentioned above.

14. i need help

i need help New Member

15. Lennian

It is a confirmed fix for 2 people who had this issue - I'm fairly certain you are not applying it correctly. Does the main menu say the current version is 0.8.2a?

16. i need help

i need help New Member

17. Lennian

Then you did not apply it correctly :p

18. i need help

i need help New Member

so i uninstalled it reinstalled it and did what you said didn't work

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  19. Lennian

You only had to overwrite those 3 files, do NOT use the launcher after doing this fix, cause it will complain things are not valid and redownload.

20. matt cabrera

matt cabrera New Member

would it be ok if someone could make a video covering this issue because my stupidity levels are so of the charts trying to solve and understand this.
    I've tried to understand and I failed terribly so if someone would make a video that would be fantastic, if someone does end up making one thank you and i'm sorry for your troubles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.