Shoutbox (Disabled)

New Gameplay overall

Discussion in 'Issues and Bugs' started by Buraun, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Buraun

Buraun New Member Team Amorous Supporter

Bareback Streets gameplay overall

- Animations : I do admit that the animations are good but there is this "Slowness" to them

- Hit Detection : I noticed that some of the punches/kicks that i performed did not hit.

For Example : I ran to an enemy and jumped kicked, it appears that i did it too late and the leg which i used to kick just went right trough them

- Controls : While the basic idea for the controls are okay, they do require some additional buttons for grappling for example and a wall jump off the corners of the area would be quite nice addition too. I also noticed that turning around seems little glunky, now i think that tight controls should be thought about since this is Beat 'em up game.

That is all that i have to tell. Overall the game is good in such early stage, can't wait to see some more of this :3

- Buraun.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Let's play a game

Let's play a game Member

Try playing at a lower setting to see if that resolves anything.

3. Buraun

I played at max settings and i did see some enemies walking on there back, you know back against the ground and so fort, it was [/Deadpool voice]Hillarious!!![/D]

4. Let's play a game

Let's play a game Member

Try to keep getting screenshots if you can, sometimes a visual aid can prove quite useful. :)

5. Buraun

I'll try and see if i can get any good shots, also what are you looking for or expecting from them?

6. Let's play a game

Let's play a game Member

Nothing in particular I'm not on the team XD But the coders might notice something we can't :)

7. Buraun

Good point, I'll get to it once i'm in the mood again :3

8. Let's play a game

Let's play a game Member

9. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

What would help us is the current version number for your game, but I love the idea of wall jumps :)

10. Buraun

Why of course, the version that i have is v0.1.1b and i did experience the same bugs on my 2nd and 3rd run through the game.

I'm glad that you like the idea of wall jumps, it would do well with combo meters and such, you know give it that old but new beat 'em up twist.

Also what "might" be a good addition would be these flashy special move (Sexual or none-sexual), each character having 1 or 2 special or hyper moves but that of course can be tested later on in the development (If you find that to be a good idea). I my self am not a programmer, I'm more of an idealist.

11. Buraun

While i was sleeping, strange ideas hit my head. I was always wondering that why the fire-arms made next to nothing damage, i think that they need some kind of a buff, because even the melee strikes (Hand To Hand) and Melee weapons deal much more damage.

Also few additional controls i think that would be a good addition. For example, grappling the enemy, this key could be implanted some where near the strike button, which would make it a lot easier to execute.

Also for some addition, i think that the special strikes would be much desired addition, just for the sake of it and a combo and juggling system (For much stronger opponents).

Also the wall jump mechanic could be quite nice addition to execute the jump kick attacks with much bigger force.
    Special strikes and attacks can be something of the characters very own special trait. Some might give a boost in speed and attack while others might release there inner beast and go berserk. Those are just examples that how the specials could be implemented into the game.

12. KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl Member

Firearms got a nerf in the last version but also got a bug that makes them incapable of doing damage past a certain point. You can knock a certain amount of clothes off of an enemy now but after that they stop doing damage. They used to kill everything super quickly the version before.

13. Buraun

I can understand that but if only they could find that one sweet spot for the fire arms to be just dat slightly better than fists, otherwise there would be no point of having fire-arms in the game if your fists and legs do much more damage.

14. RoyArtorius

Firearms were actually bugged in the latest version, the damage they did was 0 and enemies just automatically lose the first level of clothing whenever the damage function is called.

15. Buraun

Ah i see, well that explains that then.

16. Buraun

Here's some new stuff that i was looking into

I noticed something while i was playing, it's about the debth of field-
    There is something off about it, it's hard to realize that when your in the right spot to land a hit, some times when your in a different spot in the debth of filed, the foes seems to be able to land hits none the less.

(I also noticed some small frame rate drops here and there. )

And the Second thing i noticed is that you're able to cheese the last boss of the stage by just running away from him and doing areal kicks. The boss seems way too passive now and then, i think that the makers of this game should make it a more aggressive beast :3

That's all for now ^^

17. RoyArtorius

Sounds more like the hitboxes aren't positioned correctly, I'm assuming by debth of field you mean simply depth as in distance from the camera?

18. Buraun

Nonono. I mean when you walk (For example) deeper (pressing arrow up) It's hard to detect that where exactly you are and where the enemy is.

19. KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl Member

Maybe it would help if the shadows were a bit darker. Shadows help a lot in games with fake perspective and i guess the ones here are a little on the light side.

20. RoyArtorius

???
    But that's what I was saying. The hitboxes are pretty deep meaning the player has to be far away from enemies in distance from the camera to miss