Shoutbox (Disabled)

Fixed Game starts, but doesn't play

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Cinnamon, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnamon

Cinnamon New Member

I installed the game with the new launcher, and pressed play. The game starts, and the menu music plays, but all i see is a black screen, and i can't click anything. I tried installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) but it didn't change anything, it still doesn't play.

Also, if it makes any difference, i'm using windows 7, and the previous launcher works fine.

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Try pressing F2 when it happens to switch to windowed mode. Otherwise try to update your videocard drivers.

3. Cinnamon

Cinnamon New Member

Pressing F2 did switch the game to windowed mode, but it crashed afterwards. I'll try updating the videocard drivers then.

4. Lennian

5. Cinnamon

Cinnamon New Member

Alright, i assume you're talking about this:

[0000.00] Error: Unhandled exception: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: Your hardware does not support the faux-backbuffer!

Keep the window/backbuffer resolution the same.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice.ResetBackbuffer(PresentationParameters presentationParameters, GraphicsAdapter adapter, Boolean renderTargetBound)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Reset(PresentationParameters presentationParameters, GraphicsAdapter graphicsAdapter)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ApplyChanges()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ToggleFullScreen()
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H.‌‮‫‪‮‮‫‮‪‮‮‌‪‮‭‏‍‮‮‌‬‎‫‭‫‮(GraphicsDeviceManager )
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _T8Ki3OeXz9wUlOa7eVOLOtQGfpb:line 207
    at _3hx82imJ4Og9mgE58epPGISb19E._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _poZs4dJ9Sa6dsxWDGzmLa12olsZ:line 78
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    at _8nVaf3yjm6bcC1Cp2wKyElgegaj._BHJf2c6GTW4qpzl71uAWe4jEeTC() in _5ofEB9D8PEAoelGzdy38UJCovGi:line 38

6. Lennian

Well, thats loud and clear: "Your hardware does not support the faux-backbuffer! Keep the window/backbuffer resolution the same."

This is something a videodriver update won't fix most likely, but you should certainly try! I'll have to look into fixing this for your special case if it doesn't otherwise. Sorry! Right now, you simply don't meet the minimum requirements it seems.

What videocard are you on?

7. Cinnamon

Cinnamon New Member

Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset

8. Lennian

You can attempt to follow these instruction:

Otherwise you are most likely out of luck. Link to the driver the video mentions is: http://adf.ly/A5qo4 - Sorry for the adf.ly link, I promise it's the original authors, not mine :p

Don't skip the video and also perform the steps he does in the control panel in the end.

9. Cinnamon

Cinnamon New Member

Well, appearently my computer doesn't possess the minimum requirements to install that driver, so i guess i just won't be able to play the game.

Thanks for the attempt to help though.

10. K3TA

K3TA Member

Encountering similar issue here except it starts as black with a white box in the centre then fully black with cursor & music

crashlog:
    [0000.02] Error: Unhandled exception: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: Your hardware does not support the faux-backbuffer!

Keep the window/backbuffer resolution the same.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice.ResetBackbuffer(PresentationParameters presentationParameters, GraphicsAdapter adapter, Boolean renderTargetBound)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Reset(PresentationParameters presentationParameters, GraphicsAdapter graphicsAdapter)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ApplyChanges()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ToggleFullScreen()
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H.‌‮‫‪‮‮‫‮‪‮‮‌‪‮‭‏‍‮‮‌‬‎‫‭‫‮(GraphicsDeviceManager )
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _T8Ki3OeXz9wUlOa7eVOLOtQGfpb:line 207
    at _3hx82imJ4Og9mgE58epPGISb19E._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _poZs4dJ9Sa6dsxWDGzmLa12olsZ:line 78
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    at _8nVaf3yjm6bcC1Cp2wKyElgegaj._BHJf2c6GTW4qpzl71uAWe4jEeTC() in _5ofEB9D8PEAoelGzdy38UJCovGi:line 38

Using a Toshiba Satellite L500 running Windows 7 with an Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  11. K3TA

K3TA Member

would this work on an Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset?

12. Lennian

Converting this to a "Bug", in that I have to tell users whats up when the game crashes because of insufficient hardware, rather than just closing.

13. Lennian

Added a visual messagebox when the game crashes, providing additional information in the upcoming v0.4.1! Mind you I did not try to work around the actual issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.