Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Game running from obscure location?

Discussion in 'Support' started by megaton02, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megaton02

megaton02 New Member

I'm running a windows 10 64 bit system with 16GB of ram
    I am running the Version 1
    As I launch the game it seems to appear with a black screen and some white overlay, this quickly closes and a few moments later a crash report appears saying System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the Target of an invocation.
    This may indicate your are trying to run the game from a very obscure location, try moving it somewhere else. If this is not the case, please validate your game.
    This would occur each time I launched the game
    here is a crash log that occurred each time I tried launching the game
    [0000.00] Error: Unhandled exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Could not load asset Assets/Scenes/MainMenu/Menu Background! Error: The directory was not found. ---> Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The directory was not found. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Christopher Kohout\Pictures\Fallout\games\amorous\windows\Content-Release\Assets\Scenes\MainMenu\Menu Background.xnb'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    at _eRZeW4DzsudSgT3kZFOBb9P9qqI._3EEFSfp5XvyZ6VhqI19uA54AS5m(String ) in _dQwsZRLBdXZaEkzfUT1egII28ObA:line 25
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at _AWqDRBVXYCkHvAAlFQL1pYfEzAE._AVatB1pH8xKDlbydrPoDGlF07SqA(String , String , Int32 , Int32 ) in _J9VatCFlg5LNN5XsBDNE3qUNnbD:line 173
    at Amorous.Game.Scenes.MainMenuScene..ctor(_PDdBJaJdMHZ6yVdqytrxD4VNPD1 ) in _dJ7LGpQGWL8DdFvBtVNFGKUBSB7:line 32
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._GTQwqV5WEN9aIk2DW7FXEMLp1GZ[]() in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 512
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._6UZwoN38d80E5H1QXKInoQpGL9d() in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 181
    at _UL3Ojy5b9EpcVjwdtWzLMSTjTjr._6UZwoN38d80E5H1QXKInoQpGL9d() in _aCc1kdx6Ms2gqwt6eBtdjEwJUWE:line 62
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
    at _UL3Ojy5b9EpcVjwdtWzLMSTjTjr._uh0ModkRMao8AMeCOcmRKwx4nn() in _aCc1kdx6Ms2gqwt6eBtdjEwJUWE:line 57
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    at _aknRPLIWfy07sXrR3XGNGybPmCd._LFgGWcWvsAsAviZhusM0Exezjoj() in _G27kS9sZTMRksfpdVYAl8H9nXao:line 43

2. Jzargo

Jzargo New Member

Did you try verifying files? I had this issue and when I verified files, a lot more files downloaded and the game worked fine after.

3. jasom

jasom New Member

how do you verify the files

4. adrian14249

adrian14249 New Member

login, choose your os, choose 1. validate files, press enter. I am having the same problem as you, but idk if its because im running it off a flash drive.

WeisserWolf likes this.
  5. WeisserWolf

WeisserWolf Member

Open the FurPowered launcher, then choose 1 then 1 again-it will go through and confirm all the files have been downloaded properly (or at all, I believe) and rectify any found issues.

6. WeisserWolf

WeisserWolf Member

Wouldn't think a flash drive would affect anything since all the files are contained in the same area as the launcher :3 But, just to test, I'd try moving everything from the flash to a folder on i.e. the desktop, and try again.

7. adrian14249

adrian14249 New Member

I did that, but nothing changes, It still crashes when I get to the character customization screen.

8. adrian14249

adrian14249 New Member

Also, after I validate it, it says "Possible Corruption, if you're having issues, please validate again." And I've validated like 4 times now, still no improvement.

9. adrian14249

adrian14249 New Member

Occasionally it'll say "Invalid Download-hash, Possible Corruption, Skipping!" and I see that a lot, now I'm wondering if it's not downloading key files for it to work properly.

10. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I think your internet connection is acting up and has trouble downloading files.

EDIT: Just read you run it off a flash drive. Most likely your flash drive is the culprit here, move it to your hard-drive instead.

11. adrian14249

adrian14249 New Member

I did move it to my hard drive (unless copying to desktop doesn't count) and still crashes.

12. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

You will still have to validate it once it's on your hard-drive, after which it should no longer complain about corruption. If it still does, something is up with your internet.

13. adrian14249

adrian14249 New Member

I fixed it! I'm not exactly sure how, but it now runs off the flash drive just fine now, I think it was just my computer blocking some of the files from downloading. It works as far as I know, but I have not tested it from my main desktop, I used a Windows 10 laptop instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.