Shoutbox (Disabled)

Game Project: Immortality

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by RoyArtorius, May 10, 2016.

1. KingOfHentai

KingOfHentai New Member

I love it its great! I admit it could use some work but so far I really enjoy it
    :amlaughing:

2. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

Thanks ^_^ The public version was more of a prototype now that I've been thinking about it. I've since started development on different parts of the game and will eventually pull them together into the main game. Most recently I've been developing a voxel terrain system which has taken four months so far since I was having to focus on finishing college. Obviously, this game is going to take a while -.-' I can actually get a demo of the voxel terrain if ya'll want to see/try it. (I'm still debating on releasing a public demo build because people can decompile it and steal the code. I may just record a video demo instead)

3. RoyArtorius

If anyone is interested, here's a link to a video of the voxel terrain demo:

4. Alex the Angel

Alex the Angel New Member

I'm not all that popular on Youtube, but once I get a decent gaming rig, then I'll make sure to put aside some time for a few Let's Plays. ^_^

5. RoyArtorius

That'd be really cool! Hopefully I'll have a more accurate, up to date, etc. version available by then. Honestly though, I don't think the game will be ready for a true playthrough for quite some time.

6. Alex the Angel

Not a problem! It'd be fun to fool around with it for a little anyway~.

7. RoyArtorius

I wanted to make this post somewhere and figured this was the best place for it.

As I've said at times, I've been working on a version of my game Immortality rebuilt from the ground up and have designated the current public build as the prototype, a rough showcase of the ideas behind the game. What I've realized working on this Version 2 is that I'm going to do this version right. This version is not going to be some half-assed attempt nor a messy prototype. I'm going to make sure it is as polished as I can make it with each of its parts and/or systems being as bug free as possible before moving on to the next one. I'm also getting the primary aspects such saving/loading, graphic settings, input remapping etc. out of the way first and then build on top of them.

I've also decided to distribute the game using the website itch.io. It's a great site for indie game developers such as myself through its very powerful and user friendly management tools. For you guys, it's great because it let's you pay what you want for the game including nothing at all as the game is free. Plus you can keep up to date on the game's latest version through its application which behaves much like Steam by downloading small patches I will have generated rather than downloading the entire game again. To start out with, the game's page will be set to restricted rather than public. All that means is that you'll need a link to access the game's page which you can just ask me for.

I believe that is all I wanted to say, it's taken me 2 days to write this :p

8. Kacey

Kacey New Member

What are the recommended system specs for the game? I'd like to try it out, but I dunno if my PC can handle it, as I'm more than a little bit behind the curve, as it were.

9. Alex the Angel

I second this question. If the required specs aren't too much, then I'd love to do a video on it sooner. Not really a playthrough, more of just testing it out and seeing if I can find any bugs or glitches.

10. RoyArtorius

Hmm... I'm not entirely what the required specs would be as I don't really have a way to measure it or compare with a computer other than my own.

The game does have some quality settings in game that you can set to values that will work better for you.

If you're interested in playing the game, send me a pm and I may give you a key to it.

11. FalloutLover

FalloutLover New Member

Is it XBOX 360 controller compatible?

12. RoyArtorius

Yes it is, at least the version I'm currently working on. Not the public demo.

I should have a playable build of Immortality Version 2 sometime soon in the coming weeks.

13. FalloutLover

FalloutLover New Member

14. Momiji

Momiji New Member

rip immortality it's nigh on 2018

15. RoyArtorius

Yeah, because all games take only a year or two to fully develop where they're actually any good. :p

I'm still working on it, trying to get it to a decent shape before I think about doing an early access release.
    Not to mention I'm still in college earning certificates and job hunting :p

I'll make a post when I have something more significant to show :)

16. Momiji

Momiji New Member

Ah, OK. This DOES look promising, I'll wait, I guess.

17. TobiasB

TobiasB Member

Tell him!, Len.

18. RoyArtorius

So it's been some time since I've made an update, and the sad truth is that the project suffered an error that ended escalating up to the point that the entire user interface has been rendered completely broken.

Is the game Dead? No. It's on hiatus until I can firmly establish a plan of attack with regards to building the game back up from the ruins of it's old project (just going to salvage what I can from the project and basically try again)

I've improved a lot and gathered some new assets to work from. So when I'm back, hopefully I'll actually have something worthy of y'all's time.

19. Blaze Mari

Blaze Mari New Member

I agree with you on this site we must stay PG 13! ^w^