Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Game is probably corrupted, please Verify files....

Discussion in 'Support' started by Phasferous, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Phasferous

Phasferous New Member

So there seems to be an issue with the launcher as to not being able to Verify files at all.

I was able to load the game once and clicked the version button at the main menu (which I now regret). So it seemed to have exited the game automatically, except now I can't launch the game and the Launcher can't even verify the files. Here is what I am doing post clicking the game version button.

#1. Load the Launcher.
    #2. Get to the screen that has three options (Verify files, Play, and Back to Games).
    #3. Try to the Play option.
    #4. Get the following Error:
    "Unable to find executable, game is probably corrupted, please "Verify files"!"
    #5. Attempt to Verify files
    #6. Get the following Error:
    Validating Amorous v0.6 (Windows #4)...

> Amorous.Engine.dll
    File already exists, skipping!
    > Amorous.Engine.pdb
    > Amorous.Game.dll
    > Amorous.Game.pdb
    > Amorous.Game.Windows.exe
    File does not exist yet, downloading!
    File already downloaded, skipping!
    Unexpected exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Zidane\Desktop\Amorous\games\amorous\windows\Amorous.Game.Windows.exe' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at _LgTxCxceXnAGFulhNjiErCY41Hu._4MySSfz6B80IrmB0kYZQZSxByNG(_y6umAk2erh2iQzPnBqnRqcHFyYG , _vs27JhkIZdPRup7NoZyf9Z1PfbE ) in _0MD5dktE3C7XxYG7CNf2qCpFmib:line 353

The game may or may not be corrupted, if you have trouble running the game, please "Verify files"!

#7. Give up and Exit the game I didn't even have a chance to play.

So ya, the launcher is broken now apparently. As it says to "Verify files", even though that was the option I picked.

Also I did try deleting all game files but the issue still exists. While I don't know, there could be game files in the Users/AppData directory that I don't know about that could fix this is deleted. *shrugs*

2. CrimsonFox

CrimsonFox New Member

3. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Desktop is a special place in Windows. Run the launcher as Administrator and it will work just finem

4. Phasferous

Phasferous New Member

Running Windows 10, which comes with pretty much all .NET framework packages as part of the OS installation.

I actually extracted the game to the Desktop (in a folder of course), and I also ran the Launcher with Admin rights, which didn't help.

5. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

There are a plethora of reasons why it might complain about the following:
    Code:
    Access to the path 'C:\Users\Zidane\Desktop\Amorous\games\amorous\windows\Amorous.Game.Windows.exe' is denied.
    Virusscanner is blocking the file, Run as Administrator is not working properly, etc. My suggestion would be to move it off the Desktop to somewhere directly on your C-Drive (since Program Files is also protected).

6. Phasferous

Phasferous New Member

Okay, so placing the main game folder into the root of "C" seems to have fixed the problem. It's weird it worked once on the desktop but works more then once where it is now. >_<

Also I just noticed the clock at the main menu reflects the real time in real life. xD
    Nice touch.