Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Game crashing on startup

Discussion in 'Support' started by BlitzAcoiners, Dec 9, 2016.

1. BlitzAcoiners

BlitzAcoiners New Member

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

This can have a plethora of reasons, for one, you did not share any specs other than Windows 10.

Common:
    - Your PC/laptop only has a crappy on-board GPU, not a dedicated one like an nVidia/AMD
    - Video drivers are not up-to-date
    - Your .NET is broken

Either of these are probably not the case for you, given you get the black screen with white square. Therefor I suspect your sound device is unable to initialize. This is a hard-crash I have since "fixed" in the sense it will not fully crash the game anymore, but instead generate a proper error. I'm going to try something with you in two phases. Phase two follows if phase one reacts like I would expect.

Download: http://devbucket.amorousgame.com/FNA-Release-PDB.zip
    Extract it in: <launcher location>/games/amorous/windows
    Make sure it overwrites the existing files!
    Launch the game as usual, it should now present a proper crash-window, rather than just exit. Give me a screenshot of this new screen.

Depending on if you get the screen and if it contains what I think it contains, I have another file that would most likely fix a very obscure thing.

3. BlitzAcoiners

BlitzAcoiners New Member

Nope, still just exits. However, upon attempting to debug, because W10 gives that option, it says it's a "Unhandled .NET Exception", although I have the latest version of .NET installed, I even checked, when trying to install it says "An equal or greater version of .NET is already installed"

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016