Shoutbox (Disabled)

Game causes my computer to overheat, and subsequently shut off.

Discussion in 'Backup' started by IndigoTheFennec, May 29, 2015.

1. IndigoTheFennec

IndigoTheFennec New Member

I'd think this is a fairly serious issue, considering this this thing isn't even a year old and has never done this before. No matter what I do, reducing the graphics quality, putting my computer on power saver mode, anything I can think of, it always ends up shutting down from being overheated. It's happened a good seven or eight times. This is rather frustrating, and disappointing, seeing as so far it's been a fun game. Any thoughts?

2. Kenneth Anaxia

Kenneth Anaxia New Member

I take it you've also changed the quality settings as well huh? I was having a slight issue with memory consumption but I set the quality lower - swapped the resolution lower and seen if windowed or fullscreen helped - apparently going windowed than fullscreen helped my case (( dunno why )) - as for your issue with your computer shutting down from overheating on Amorous is quite peculiar since the game takes very little to play but hey some memory leaks were bound to happen and Amorous is being worked on quite a lot - So either it could be a background process along with Amorous that is doing it or hell it could even be that since it's trying to process the game at a higher resolution or quality than your computer can handle - Suggestion - Lower the settings, Check your processes, Perhaps run a diagnostic to check your PC's Registry, Disk and or Overall Integrity (( ya never know )) or - An external cooling fan I suppose *shrugs*.

Hope this helps a bit, Indigo - Sorry it's not a surefire answer ^.=.^;

3. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I have a 3 year old PC myself and I run a heavier Unity then the one you guys end up getting with no slowdowns or overheating. Please check the conditions of your... ehm... notebook? I can't tell. Notebooks are VERY sensitive to dust - screw it open and remove the dust from vents. If its a PC, same counts. You'd be surprised how much dust things can gather in a year.