Shoutbox (Disabled)

Everythings not awesome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrWonka, Sep 16, 2019.

1. MrWonka

MrWonka New Member Team Amorous Supporter

It would seem that amorous is totally dead, and everyone that has worked on it is either horrible depressed or doesn't give a shit. What's honestly the saddest is the great potential that it had, between mittsies, jasonafex and Lennian. As the saying goes,

"This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper."

It especially stings as I was a backer of the project at a time when I didn't have much money. But complaining nor moping won't change anything. Just wanted to get this off my mind. Its honestly a surprise the website is still online at this point.

MirceaKitsune and SoNotInk like this.
  2. SoNotInk

SoNotInk New Member

Honestly yea, it's quite sad, I'd like to see more be done with it, but this always seems to happen with interesting indie games, except in cases such as shovel knight, in which case we got really lucky, but most interesting games still in development, tend to just disappear over time, which sucks.
    Most the time what happens is:
    *INTERESTING GAME GETS TEASED*
    *PEOPLE GET INTERESTED*
    *DEMOS GET RELEASED OF THE GAME FOR PEOPLE TO TRY (or you know, they just give updates about it, and show screenshots once and a while)*
    *DEVELOPMENT SLOWS DOWN*
    *DEVS EITHER LOSE INTEREST, FIGHT AND DEPART FROM EACH OTHER, SOME PERSONAL STUFF HAPPENS AND THEY NEED TO LEAVE THE TEAM SO THEY CAN DEAL WITH IT, GAME WAS DECIDED TO BE CANCELED FOR UNKNOWN REASONS, DEVS JUST DON'T WANNA MAKE THE GAME ANYMORE*

Which sucks, but I can understand why it happens, it's sad but, there's nothing we can do about it, if we're lucky, they may release the source code, and let the community try to continue work on it, but just like every other NSFW game I've seen, it's either crap, or it's left unfinished.
    So, guess all we can do now is wait and hope, but let's not make Amorous out to be like Half-Life 3, either they're gonna say its canceled, release the source code for the community, or we wait forever, if we wait forever, then we can call it "Half-Life 3 furry dating sim edition"

MrWonka likes this.
  3. MrWonka

MrWonka New Member Team Amorous Supporter

That seems quite accurate, "HL3FE"

4. SomthingNeat

SomthingNeat New Member

Well if it helps any, I'm trying to revive it via the new modding comunity.

MrWonka and Stryker Star like this.
  5. Aikio

Aikio New Member

Hullo, maybe can i help you?