Shoutbox (Disabled)

New Enemy Rotation Bug and possible fix (and some other things)

Discussion in 'Issues and Bugs' started by KiWolfGirl, Jul 8, 2015.

1. KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl Member

Hey I still havent compiled my big list and it looks like some people here are already doing that. One thing though since I work a lot in unity (and also have worked on a lot of beat em ups), I was wondering, it looks like you use the animator window to possibly do a lot of the enemy animations. Do you also use it to rotate them for throws and being knocked down? If that's the case, its probably a good idea (and good practice) to add handles for every axis you change into other animations to ensure they always go back to the right rotation/position/scale/etc. Like if you rotate them 90 degrees to be knocked down, even if you have a rotate 90 degrees back for them to stand up, it's a good idea to put a rotation of 0 in all the animations where they should be upright. Sometimes those values get stuck and it seems thats why sometimes I see enemies butt sliding at you after being thrown.

Editing the curves of those handles might also help in some cases where people feel the controls are floaty or fluffy. Like the turning around or punching when coming to a stop, that seem to require concentrated and sometimes repeated button presses.

I know a few people have talked about the camera not giving you room when you are scrolling the screen. That's a pretty simple locking the camera X to the character X when in free-run mode. Even if you aren't fighting enemies, you should have lookahead when going forwards or backwards (and I like that you can go backwards to pickup other items). I wish I had a shot at the boss AI, I REALLY WANT TO SEE THAT SCENE.

2. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

Actually, iTween was used to make the enemies rotate properly in all instances, I'm afraid the animation window was only used for graphical stuff such as the main menu.

3. KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl Member

Ah, iTween is a nice plugin but I would have done it the other way if it was me; iTween for menu stuff and animator window for game stuff. How are you doing the tweens? Are you basically moving the characters around until you like the steps, then copying the inspector values and tweening to those points? If so I assume you're maybe saving the tween points as a struct or something?