Shoutbox (Disabled)

Dishes - How do YOU make it work?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Harambe, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Harambe

Harambe Active Member Dark Army Enthusiast

As a person that doesn't enjoy eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. at my dinner table in the kitchen, but rather take it to the computer or TV, I tend to REALLY stock up on glasses. You heard me, glasses. Not the plates, not trash. The glasses. They tend to stock up as I normally can't carry more than four at the same time (they're shaped pretty wierd and cannot be stacked safely), and this causes me to ignore them until the shelves are empty.

Do you also have some wierd habit when it comes to (doing) dishes? Or are you perhaps you can't stand being anywhere near dirty dishes and just lose control when the people you know doesn't put them where they belong. Well? :p

2. Connery

Connery Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Oh yes, I know what you mean - but for me, it's not as much about the glasses as it is about plates and bowls :D I'm quite good at cooking (others said it'd be a lot more than good, but, well, you know :$) and due to my occupation, the used dishes normally start to increase in quantity over time until I clean it on weekends. But I don't think it's weirder than it is an expression of my laziness :3

3. Harambe

Aha, though I have to admit, at one point I also ignored the plates and bowls, but oh man... it became too much of a difficulty setting them up for a run in the dishwasher once you finally got to it, as you need to wet them like a day before (if they've been standing for some time at least)... and I'm way too lazy to wash manually (until it comes to frying pans, that I can do). Also... the smelly smell though ;-;

But let me ask you a question: how do you manage the glasses easily? Are they all made to fit into eachother or do you just not drink much? WE MUST FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DIRTY DISHES!

Cooking, eh? I'm actually good at it as well (so I think, please don't ask anyone else, they may lie to you), but since it takes so long I usually just make some of Mom's spaghetti that always end up on my shirt... (terrible joke, I know)

4. Connery

The answer is: I barely use em :D I'm drinking out of 1.5l soda bottles because I really do not drink anything else over the day :3
    But to answer your question further, the glasses we use are made to stack with each other so even if I'd use em, they wouldn't take up much space.

I for my part use the time whilst cooking efficiently: If I can be absent, I am absent from the kitchen. I use a timer so I don't lose track of time, but it's mostly pretty enjoyable for me =)

5. Harambe

Oh yeah, I used to love drinking straight from the bottles as well, but at one point I was influenced by my pals about something that made me resent it unfortunaly. Darn friends, making your life THAT much more difficult... Maybe :3

I wish I only had stacking glasses, but you know... can't refuse the Coca-Cola glasses that were promoted with McDonalds. Though, I have some Ikea plastic ones fortunaly. But they only stack efficiently in the cabinets due to them being a minority when collecting dishes.

I just can't bring myself to walk away from the kitchen once the plates or oven gets hot, as I've had food get burned in the past, and I'm not 100% sure yet on the appropriate temperatures for some stuff... Oh my sweet chocolate, why did it have to be you that passed away in such a tragic way... :(

6. Connery

Hehe, the last time I lost a dish was two weeks a go. Had a flu and tried to prepare some rice but took too much water so the whole meal had a consistence of paste :D
    But you aren't the only one who had trouble with chocolate: Years ago, I tried to melt it for a cake I wanted to prepare, so I gave it into a pot and went for the lowest heat, but even the very lowest pitch seemed to be too much and the result was more dark black than brown... And more soid than fluid xD
    The moral of this story: Use two pots! Fill water into the first, put the secont into the first one and then fill in the chocolate into the 2nd so it gets heated up gently :3

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  7. Harambe

Hehe, I'd definitely take your lesson into account for the next time, just unfortunate that our family recipe for chocolate doesn't work like that. Though the temperature is really hard to nail, like you won't even notice that it's getting burned until you pour it in the form and allow it to form itself. Of course, if you would have tasted it before... well, gross. But I should definitely take more procaution in the future!