Shoutbox (Disabled)

Disconnect between narrative, visuals and audio

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Ponygon, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Ponygon

Ponygon New Member

There's a slight disconnect between the narrative and certain elements of this game, which I think are slightly off-putting.

The most jarring is in Lex's date path in the bar scene. We're told the music had "a rockier beat", but the music the player hears is jazzy musak. This one's an outright contradiction that pulls the player out of the narrative.

There's also instances where we're told what the scenery looks like, but this being a visual novel, there should be visuals: instead we get a black screen. I'm guessing more visuals will be added to the game as it progresses, right?

MirceaKitsune likes this.
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Since Kabier is the only one making assets, we can only add so much new backgrounds per date. All the blacks screens you have no are as-intended.

3. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

I noticed that disconnect as well... the one where the text says "a rockier beat", but the music that's playing is more jazzy than anything. I figure this has to do with Amorous currently using a limited pool of different songs based on the moment in a date, rather than having a song fit for each location. Maybe it's time to grab a few more CC-licensed songs from Jamendo or OpenGameArt?

4. Ponygon

Ponygon New Member

Okay, I understand in regards to the black screens. There's a lot of work and love that goes into this, and it can be very overwhelming. I appreciate all the work you put into this.

However the instances where the visuals or audio do contradict the narrative can be very off-putting. For example, in the Dustin date, we're told we're watching a black and white movie, but the image of the guy on the movie screen is in colour. I know, it's the same asset as from the cinema scene from another date path (I think it's the Jax one), but the visual should at least match up.

That's my two cents, anyway. Still love your work, and appreciate everything you guys do.