Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support "DirectoryNotFoundException" Except I See It Right There

Discussion in 'Support' started by PastelMaxim, Aug 6, 2017.

1. PastelMaxim

PastelMaxim New Member

Hello, I just downloaded the game and I was hopeful to play it, but when I tried to run it this popped up:

“System .IO. DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path “/Users/[MY NAME]/Content-Release/Assets/GUI/Phone/Phone .atlas. txt”.

This may indicate your game did not download properly, please try validating the files. Otherwise you ran the launcher without extracting it first.”

I have validated my files through the launcher multiple times, it seems to believe there is nothing wrong/corrupted/missing, and I can see the file it's talking about with my Human Eyes. I'm not sure why Mono won't recognize that it exists, it's not like I moved it or renamed it or anything.

If I have forgotten any relevant details I am sincerely sorry; it is incredibly late right now and I am quite frustrated. (Note: i put spaces in between the periods in the bolded text so the system wouldnt think i was posting links. Please ignore spaces after/before any periods if it is somehow relevant. IDK)

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Are you manually running the game using "mono Amorous.Game.Unix.exe" or by executing the script? You have to use the script, which tells mono to accept both backward and forward slashes in paths.

If you already do that, make sure the user you try to run the game with actually has rights to access the folder.

3. PastelMaxim

PastelMaxim New Member

Hello, thank you for the speedy reply. I fixed the issue by executing the script and using the .Unix version instead of the .Unix .exe version

4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Great! Thanks for getting back :) Have fun.