Shoutbox (Disabled)

Different Sexes, same outcome

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by ShadedAlpha, Feb 24, 2017.

1. ShadedAlpha

ShadedAlpha New Member

Hey, I just started both playing this awesome game, and joined this forum. There is something I found out as well while playing it.

The graphics and animation are out of this world amazing, especially the fluid movement of those you talk to. I got really into it and played with four different dates.

However one thing bothered me. After playing male twice, I wanted to switch sides and be the girl for the other two. The Character Customization was there, everything looked ok, but if you choose "Slit" in place of "Cock&Balls", and breasts, nothing happens extensively. Instead, you're still portrayed as a male with cock and balls, but the minor difference is that the characters comment on your breasts sometimes.

Is this game tailored to only the bisexual and gay? Or if not, could it possibly be fixed so that you're "Sis" to Coby, and female to the others in the game?

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

The slit is a dragon slit, thus hiding the male genitalia. Much like the sheath of a dog. There is no female protagonist in the game and there will most likely never be.

I might add the ability to switch gender in a later version, which will change the way NPC's address you - right now that's a troublesome thing to do.

3. ShadedAlpha

ShadedAlpha New Member

Ok I understand. Thanks for getting back to me so soon. If there is ever a time where switching genders is possible, then let me know. The game has the option to actually have breasts of a female, but that might be a little weird on a male protagonist. I look forward in the off-chance a female protagonist is ever created, even by the smallest of margins.

4. Rulke1104

Rulke1104 New Member

This must be a really repetitive response to type. Maybe add a male symbol to the end to clarify that it's not female genitalia?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  5. kittyCatalina98

kittyCatalina98 New Member

As a trans girl, the comments are much appreciated (even if they seem underhanded in a realistic way), but I agree that having an option to change pronouns or just gender in general, even without a change in sexual anatomy would be so amazing. It's kind of difficult, from a dysphoria perspective, seeing my name next to male pronouns, or having Coby talk about his brother's tits or something like that.
    I have some experience in coding, although I'm mostly proficient in HTML/CSS/JS. If possible, I wouldn't mind helping to bring about the option for those changes to the dialogue. Some of the storylines might have to be readdressed in order to make it work (a lot of it is very "gay" so to speak, so just slapping on different pronouns doesn't work), but if it's in demand by more than just myself I would be more than happy to help.
    I am super happy with how Mercy was handled. She was treated so respectfully (of course, I chose certain dialogue components to make that happen), from her background to the way she was addressed by other NPCs. This game has made it to the top of my uh... list, beating out all of fek's games (though that may change when R2CK hits v1.0 lol), as well as one of my favorites, Fairy Fighting. You guys really nailed it with this one, and as both a trans person and an activist I can wholeheartedly support this game.

ShadedAlpha and Sir Wolf like this.
  6. Lennian

7. Lennian

@kittyCatalina98 We contracted a new writer for Mercy and all to come in the future. She has a professional background and is also itching to rewrite old dialogues to be much more gender neutral, like she did with Mercy.

8. kittyCatalina98

kittyCatalina98 New Member

If you all ever do need input on making this project more trans-inclusive, I would be more than willing to help. As I said before, pronoun usage just kind of irks me, even though I know it is just a game.

piroteknyk likes this.
  9. piroteknyk

piroteknyk New Member

Do you think in future versions of the game, or even sequels that the dialogue could be a bit more gender specific? The game as a whole is fantastic but it just feels wrong to give your character certain characteristics and have incorrect or even neutral responses to them, especially given that Mercy as one of the characters is referred to effeminately. I adore Mercy as a character, definitely one of my favorites, but giving a character breasts and having them referred to as a guy kind of cuts down on the immersion. Maybe with the game being as developed as it is, that's asking a lot, but it would nice to see, and might open the door for female characters down the line.

kittyCatalina98 likes this.
  10. LesbianLioness

LesbianLioness New Member

Well, that kind of sucks.