Shoutbox (Disabled)

Fixed dialogue skipping by itself [1.0.3]

Discussion in 'Open' started by Eclipse-the-dragon, May 9, 2018.

1. Eclipse-the-dragon

Eclipse-the-dragon New Member

the dialogue is it points in the game, even if you don't want it happening, getting show reader, like myself, no chance to read it all. the 1st dialogue self skip is as you talk to the blue bird guy at the start of the game.

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

What are your chat settings? There is an option to disable auto-skip.

3. Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter New Member

This was my own reply in Steam, let's see if Eclipse info matches. Seems line related but it affects a lot of lines.

It's set to fast. Can't see any other settings for it.

Here's a list of lines in Zenith's 3rd date that it happened to me, in case it IS line related (I have no idea)
    Stage40-
    0:30, 0:38, 0:55, 0:63, 0:75, 0:76,

Stage50:
    0:597, (got interrupted)

EDIT: Well, the interupption gave me an attempt to try again and yes, the EXACT same lines kept skipping. So it's definitely line related. Sorry I can't really give that many of them but hopefully these should give some indication for the cause and hopefully fix? None other in stage50 skipped (though of course that may have been my choices not leading down broken paths)
    First few in Remy's pre-date convo too, should probably be easier to check these few.

Options.json;
    {"ResolutionWidth":1920,"ResolutionHeight":1080,"Fullscreen":true,"MasterVolume":1.0,"MusicVolume":0.4,"SfxVolume":0.4,"DialogueTextSpeed":2,"DialogueAutoSkip":false}

4. Lennian

I found the issue, but the Dialogue code is an absolute pain so I need to think about this for a moment.

5. Eclipse-the-dragon

i to have DialogueAutoSkip on false, i think.
    if the box has an X, it on, right? if, it's off for me.

6. Lennian

I have rewritten the complete dialogue system because of this, and it's fixed in the next version.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  7. Lynxit

Lynxit New Member

Hello, I would like inform you that I am also still having this issue for some reason. It appears at introduction and when I talk to Coby.
    Note: My auto-skip is unchecked
    My only request, if possible is if you could fix it. Sorry for the bother and thank you!

8. Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter New Member

Well, he said he fixed it the exact post above you. Now we just need to wait for the patch (1.0.4? 1.1?) to actually implement said fix into the game.

9. Eclipse-the-dragon

i haven't seen the fix being downloadable yet

10. Eclipse-the-dragon

jsut got the newest update and still the same Dialogue is skipping by itself

so this can't be fixed

11. Eclipse-the-dragon

but i just found a temp fix till it is fixed. it you set Dialogue speed to all show at once (instint) not slow, normle or fast, it may help. i tryed it and the Dialogue i have skipping did not skip.

12. Duxtorm

Duxtorm New Member

I'm sorry, but I don't think this issue has been fixed, I'm playing version 1.0.3 and even when auto-skip is off the dialog will occasionally skip regardless, I wouldn't know how to replicate this bug other than.. playing through the game '^'

13. Duxtorm

Duxtorm New Member

Whoops, nvm, I didn't read through the comments, my bad, so it'll be fixed in the next version then, okie ^ ^;