Shoutbox (Disabled)

Duplicate Crash while Alt+Tab

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Mark T Wolffe, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark T Wolffe

Mark T Wolffe New Member

I noticed two things when I first started up Amorous. Massive input delay with trackpad and crashing when alt+tab is pressed. Also, I do have a request as far as character customization goes. An undo button. Edit: Nevermind, an undo button isn't necessary since saving templates is not functional yet.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Did it send an errorlog to the server when you crashed while alt+tabbing?

3. Mark T Wolffe

Mark T Wolffe New Member

Unfortunately not. Alt+tab crashes don't send an error log for some reason.

4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Do they create a log file in the game directory? If not, there is not much I can do to even attempt to fix it and I'll have to blame bad drivers, since I have never seen it crash while I alt+tab. And I do that quite a lot as I switch between the game and code.

5. Jace Darkfrost

Jace Darkfrost New Member

I've only had it sorta crash once when I Alt+Tab, and it wasn't so much a crash as the mouse was just frozen in the top of my screen in the game.

6. Sergalicious

Sergalicious New Member

I too have this problem, But also when it starts up, the screen is nothing but black, but you can here music. And then then the alt+tab closes the game and I can't play because of this :(

7. darkshadow

darkshadow New Member

i found a workaround for this issue if you press f2 then do alt-tab it does not crash! at least it has not for me! and if i alt-tab on fullscreen a crash occurs!

8. Sergalicious

Sergalicious New Member

Then what about the black screen, but music for me?

9. darkshadow

darkshadow New Member

that one i have 0 ideas about i am running off an asus x540la with a 2.2 ghz cpu and this is the solution i found after an hour of issues this workaround is available after you turn the game on and what it does is forces the game into windowed mode reducing the strain on your system if this does not fix the problem then the only conclusion that i can come to ( and i mean no offense with this) there may be an error in the coding process

10. darkshadow

darkshadow New Member

i've also noticed that if you are on the character customization screen there is a 25% increase in cpu activity if you alt-tab here i can see that as a secondary cause of a crash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.