Shoutbox (Disabled)

News Conversations are now limited

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lennian, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

After the move to a new server, I have a lot more insights on what is actually going on with this forum. Without querying the database for all conversations and kind of infringing on privacy, my statistics have shown that a lot of replies are send to conversations. Some even ranging to 175 replies a day!

This led me to believe that people are abusing the conversation system for RPs, lots of small chat-like messages, or simply to keep in touch on a daily basis.

This is NOT what this system is meant for! It's a simple way to reach out to someone in a quick and private way. As such, I have now set the limit on the amount of replies a conversation can have to 9. If you count the initial message, that's a total of 10 messages to state your business to each-other.

If feel this limit is lenient enough to still be able to ask someone something quick and either be done with it, or to take it to other means of communicating before the limit is reached (eg. Skype or Steam).

Please let me know how you guys feel about this, is the limit too low? Too high? If it's too low, where would you need more than 9 replies for?

---

EDIT: Additionally, I might remove conversations with an extreme amount of replies. I will reach out to "offenders" and offer them a dump of the full conversation if so desired before I delete it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    DrHarp likes this.
  2. Pawsia

Pawsia New Member

Sorry for my rookie-ness but what exactly is this "conversations" you are referring to?

3. RavenWolf

RavenWolf Member

I know it's not my place to say, but I believe this might be a good thing. Of course other may not see this in my perspective but this "IS" my opinion.

TheFloofDoof and Kiwi Grey like this.
  4. RavenWolf

RavenWolf Member

As for your Question, he was referring to in the Inbox chatting. You can make a private chat to a few people you only wanted to hear. It can be see in there info tab.

Kiwi Grey and Pawsia like this.
  5. Pawsia

Pawsia New Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me Raven :3

6. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

I think the limitations are fine. Damn! I must be slow and boring... If I sum up all the messages I send to all my friends along the day in all forms of social media it probably does not sum up 175 lol. I can see why in certain situations the limitation of 10 replies could be a bother but I really don't think more than 10 is needed. It's just a matter of getting used to the new system. Just gotta watch the ones who will just create another topic to continue the conversation because they accidentally hit the reply limit, so make sure to show to both parties in the conversation how many replies they have left.

TheFloofDoof likes this.
  7. TheFloofDoof

TheFloofDoof New Member

Much agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.