Shoutbox (Disabled)

Computer shuts down?

Discussion in 'Backup' started by RainbowDashFan, Aug 22, 2015.

1. RainbowDashFan

RainbowDashFan New Member

Has anyone experienced a problem with your computer just shutting down while you're playing the game? I was at the bar meeting people, and all of a sudden, my whole laptop shut down. It has full power and plugged in, so that's not it. It actually happened twice.

2. Let's play a game

Let's play a game Member

Is amorous the only program that causes this?

3. Harakhti

Harakhti New Member

Reasonably: game software cannot have low-level access like that. It's a problem with either your system hardware or software.

4. RainbowDashFan

I haven't played Bareback Street long enough, but yeah, so far, Amorous is the only one that does it. It would work fine for like 10 minutes or whatever, then my laptop would just shut down on its own.

Like what? None of my other programs does it.

5. Ockaeth

Ockaeth New Member

What kind of laptop is it and have you played other games aside from amorous on it too? because when i played it on my laptop it acctually got quite hot while playing, so maybe that could be the cause.

6. Let's play a game

Let's play a game Member

Indeed most modern computers/ laptops will shut down if they are getting too hot to avoid any major damage to the CPU. etc

7. Harakhti

Harakhti New Member

That'd be the thermal daemon failing to lower the clock rate further to reduce heating, which hints at inadequate cooling. You can use HWMonitor or any other third-party application to manually track the system temperature, which should allow you to analyze the issue.

8. RainbowDashFan

I have a cooling fan built into my laptop stand, I can try to see if that works. I didn't think I'd need it since I never had that problem before.