Shoutbox (Disabled)

New Characters do not load

Discussion in 'Issues and Bugs' started by Banterman, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Banterman

Banterman New Member

So I use Windows 8 so I don't think my specs are the problem. Basically when I save characters and try using the load function at a later time, they sit there idle in the background on the main menu. I can't do anything to them, forcing me to make a new character and start again. From what I've seen, this problem still hasn't been answered properly - unless someone can link me the solution? I have the latest Fursona Maker installed btw.

As enjoyable as it is, I can't consider it 'completed' or great if I can't do something as basic as loading in a saved character just to merely make some slight changes.

Apologies if I sound patronising.

2. Soraen

Soraen New Member

Well, almost two weeks and still nothing new on this? Because I'm also having this issue.
    Windows 10, never had problems before the latest update I got through the new client.

3. MakuyiHusky

MakuyiHusky New Member

I've been having this same problem. It's frustrating because I really want to like this program, but it's essentially useless if you can't load characters to make minor changes. I keep seeing it said over and over again that Fursona Maker is "completed", but frankly with all the issues it has it's far from done

4. Banterman

Banterman New Member

Nothing? What a surprise. Although I appreciate the effort within the game it really is laughable that nothing has been done about something as important as this.

5. Aelvir

Aelvir New Member

Same here. I created my character(s) on a low resolution window for the game to run faster but when I saved and reopened the game in a 1280 resolution I can't even load a single one of my characters to retake a screenshot. Wouldn't particularly be a problem if 80% of the character's ENTIRE BODY wasn't blocked by the game's huge logo. :\

6. CheekiBreeki1991

CheekiBreeki1991 New Member

After all this time, you'd think that they'd address this problem, but apparently not. The game is supposed to be completed, but it acts like it's an early alpha build, especially with a problem this big.

7. Aelvir

Aelvir New Member

Yeah, so you have to RECREATE from scratch your character if you forgot to change something minor (which happen a few times with me) :T

8. J0SLAN

J0SLAN New Member

You can edit your characters and templates directly with a text editor. And you can copy a character in a save to a template to edit. The save folder has it all.

Banterman likes this.
  9. Banterman

Banterman New Member

You legend! It worked. I can't believe I didn't think of something that basic.

I found the save file JSON file, copied the contents of it, went into the template folder, copied another JSON file to make another one, renamed it to my liking and deleted the contents of that file before replacing it with the saved file's contents. Worked like a charm. Did you find this yourself or is it referred from another thread?

10. J0SLAN

J0SLAN New Member

Myself, by poking around through the game files. There's a lot of stuff you can mess with.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  11. J0SLAN

J0SLAN New Member

I'm pretty sure when the version is Alpha 0.7 the game is still in alpha.