Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Can't start the game

Discussion in 'Support' started by AllgoodGuy, Nov 24, 2016.

1. AllgoodGuy

AllgoodGuy New Member

I looked over the recommended Know Issues thread and made sure my applications are updated but still when I input the action in the launcher to launch the game I just get a black screen with a white rectangle in the middle.

I have it installed for windows 8, I have the C++ and the .Net Framework updated and installed. The C++ is 2012.

I checked and in the properties is seems to not signify if it is blocked or not.
    The crash logs do not mention MojoShader.dll

Everything is downloaded correctly according to the launcher.

Most recent crash log:

[0000.04] Error: Unhandled exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.DynamicSoundEffectInstance.Play(Boolean isManaged)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.Song.Play()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaPlayer.PlaySong(Song song)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaPlayer.Play(Song song)
    at _OJwcnJRBPL9kiOcqfdEettyKnebA._jNiFT1Ras5inz6MmGq1Gmt39O7m(String , Single , Boolean ) in _WCOeMV2Az9metVQ0VDA5nOLlL5A:line 46
    at Amorous.Game.Scenes.MainMenuScene..ctor(_PDdBJaJdMHZ6yVdqytrxD4VNPD1 ) in _dJ7LGpQGWL8DdFvBtVNFGKUBSB7:line 58
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._GTQwqV5WEN9aIk2DW7FXEMLp1GZ[]() in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 512
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._6UZwoN38d80E5H1QXKInoQpGL9d() in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 181
    at _UL3Ojy5b9EpcVjwdtWzLMSTjTjr._6UZwoN38d80E5H1QXKInoQpGL9d() in _aCc1kdx6Ms2gqwt6eBtdjEwJUWE:line 62
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
    at _UL3Ojy5b9EpcVjwdtWzLMSTjTjr._uh0ModkRMao8AMeCOcmRKwx4nn() in _aCc1kdx6Ms2gqwt6eBtdjEwJUWE:line 57
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    at _aknRPLIWfy07sXrR3XGNGybPmCd._LFgGWcWvsAsAviZhusM0Exezjoj() in _G27kS9sZTMRksfpdVYAl8H9nXao:line 43

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series
    Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    System Type: 64-Bit OS, x64-based processor

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. AllgoodGuy

AllgoodGuy New Member

I did so and the same thing still happened, downloaded OpenAL and such. Put the zip folder in the game folder and unziped it.

[0000.02] Error: Unhandled exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.DynamicSoundEffectInstance.Play(Boolean isManaged)
    at _OJwcnJRBPL9kiOcqfdEettyKnebA._jNiFT1Ras5inz6MmGq1Gmt39O7m(String , Single , Boolean ) in _WCOeMV2Az9metVQ0VDA5nOLlL5A:line 46
    at Amorous.Game.Scenes.MainMenuScene..ctor(_PDdBJaJdMHZ6yVdqytrxD4VNPD1 ) in _dJ7LGpQGWL8DdFvBtVNFGKUBSB7:line 58
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._GTQwqV5WEN9aIk2DW7FXEMLp1GZ[]() in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 512
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._6UZwoN38d80E5H1QXKInoQpGL9d() in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 181
    at _UL3Ojy5b9EpcVjwdtWzLMSTjTjr._6UZwoN38d80E5H1QXKInoQpGL9d() in _aCc1kdx6Ms2gqwt6eBtdjEwJUWE:line 62
    at _UL3Ojy5b9EpcVjwdtWzLMSTjTjr._uh0ModkRMao8AMeCOcmRKwx4nn() in _aCc1kdx6Ms2gqwt6eBtdjEwJUWE:line 57
    at _aknRPLIWfy07sXrR3XGNGybPmCd._LFgGWcWvsAsAviZhusM0Exezjoj() in _G27kS9sZTMRksfpdVYAl8H9nXao:line 43

4. Lennian

Meh, it's not generating the results I had hoped it would. Let me add some additional logging.

5. Lennian

6. AllgoodGuy

AllgoodGuy New Member

[0000.03] Error: Unhandled exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

7. Lennian

You are not extracting the zip at the right location it seems or it's just not working. Would you be available for a very quick remote desktop session so I can sort this out?

EDIT: See PM.

8. Lennian

For everyone struck by this, I have a temporary fix up which disables sound, but will allow you to at leats play them game: http://devbucket.amorousgame.com/FNA-Release-PDB.zip

Extract it in <launcher>/games/windows/amorous and overwrite all files - if you verify files you will have to reapply this "fix".

9. supercoconut98

supercoconut98 New Member

It still crashes and offers me the dll fix, though I've repeatedly installed it in there.

Code:
    [0000.00] Error: Unhandled exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

10. Lennian

You did not extract the DLL properly. Do not verify files once you did, because it will just replace the DLL with the old one again.

11. Beaster77

Beaster77 New Member

Mine also says that it cant play because sound is disabled.

12. TechGamer93

TechGamer93 New Member

mine crash too, this is the problem that windows shows to me

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Amorous.Game.Windows.exe
    Application Version: 3.4.0.456
    Application timestamp: 5834b2ba
    Faulting module name: nvoglv32.DLL
    Faulting module version: 8.15.11.8659
    Module time stamp errors: 4a71c0d3
    Exception code: c0000005
    Offset exception: 00415c76
    Operating system version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Regional Settings Id: 2058
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our online privacy statement:
    Http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=104288&clcid=0x0c0a

If the online privacy statement is not available, read the offline privacy statement:
    C: \ Windows \ system32 \ en-ES \ erofflps.txt

13. Beaster77

Beaster77 New Member

It mentions the sound thing but I don't believe not having sound would make it just a white box inside a black box

14. WeisserWolf

WeisserWolf Member

Found this that should help (is for Photoshop, but got to that link from here-same DLL):

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  15. WeisserWolf

WeisserWolf Member

This sounds (to me) like a graphics driver issue. Might try updating your graphics driver from the vendor's site (if it's not already updated)...unless a sound required for things to progress isn't getting played? o.o

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  16. ZanderPlays

ZanderPlays New Member

I am so new to this game, Every time i open it. It crashes i do not know what i did wrong but yeah...

17. Voduxe

Voduxe New Member

Updated the game files to the newest, now it says missing soft_oal.dll. Game won't start. Kinda frustrating with a new datable character I have yet to figure out. Anyway, I'm hoping this is a quick fix thing that someone can explain to me or maybe fix themselves, because computers hate me.

18. Lennian

You NEED Visual C++ 2010 x86 installed - having 2012 is not the same.

19. TechGamer93

TechGamer93 New Member

Fix It, I got a problem with the OpenGL of Nvidia Graphics, I just re-installed and I can play it now, thanks for the help,
    Just one more thing, What I need to do for run the game in a window instead of full screen?

20. Lennian

Hit F2