Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Can't play - WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned off

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lucario10135, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Lucario10135

Lucario10135 New Member

I've tried workarounds for this, including using the registry editor included with Windows 10. The text reads:

An unhandled exception has occurred: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=9.9.9.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: Newtonsoft.Json, Version=9.9.9.9, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
    at _LgTxCxceXnAGFulhNjiErCY41Hu..ctor(_h9aWgqqTpc71r5UDeIiz6CSfkIb )
    at _AsVqJiaSmvvBwfOhCrQfKgr0kUK._1egQmEtif1H2352liLz51p7gTVH(String[] )
    WRN: Assembly binding logging has been turned OFF.
    To enable assebly bind failure logging, set registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assebly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    Press any key to continue...

I'm not sure what information there, if any, could be possibly identifying so I redacted those parts of the error message for the public thread posting. If an admin or mod need the information, I will send it to them in a private message (Is that a thing here? This is my first time really on the site...)

Things I've tried:
    Regedit to edit/remove the registry. It's not there. Not sure if adding a new DWORD registry titled "!EnableLog" in Fusion would make a difference. I don't usually mess with the registry.

Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    A very confused Lucario

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Why are you stripping versionnumbers and plublickeytokens from your exception? It's not sensitive information.

I suggest reverting the registry change you did, it can cause serious performance issues since it's for developers, not end-users.

All you have to do is actually extract the zip of the launcher, and not run it from the zip.

3. Lucario10135

Lucario10135 New Member

I didn't change anything about the launcher or the registry before this happened. I only started exploring it after I saw this error and noticed !EnableLog was not present in the registry. I'll update my post with the full information. I didn't know what information, if any, was sensitive ^^;; sorry!

4. Lucario10135

Lucario10135 New Member

Still can't play. Also, I never run things from the .zip file. I have had this extracted and updated since I got it. I have kept it that way to try to avoid problems like this.

5. Lennian

In that case you did not extract everything. It complains about a missing DLL, which is part of the downloaded zip.

6. Lucario10135

Lucario10135 New Member

Are you suggesting that I somehow unzipped only part of the file after playing the same way since before Jax's date was back? I changed nothing and this error appeared. I did NOT make any changes to the game files and I did NOT change any registries in my computer. Something's messed up and I don't know what. Also, WebRoot Antivirus picks up the Amorous Launcher as Malware.

7. Lennian

Things happens, just download the launcher, re-extract everything in it on top of your installation and done.

8. Lucario10135

Lucario10135 New Member

Huh... that worked... I have no idea what changed since I didn't mess with anything but thanks! Guess I overthought things again ^^;;