Shoutbox (Disabled)

New Can't open the game... :(

Discussion in 'v1.0.3 (Readonly)' started by MUCH FRUSTRATION, May 16, 2018.

1. MUCH FRUSTRATION

MUCH FRUSTRATION New Member

good ive gotten atention, im trying to run the game on windows seven. for the pat several hours ive delt with the same message that redirects me to the forum. i keep getting this compleately black screen followed by a a clasic "not responding" notification i havnt so much as seen the start menue any vidios i look up dont adress the isue and im not realy teck savy enogh to deal with the problem myself.

2. Sahill

Sahill New Member

Well. Whenever I try to run Amorous it shows that there is some effort (You know cursor shows computer is busy and in case of Steam it shows that i'm in-game) for few seconds, then throw me to desktop and nothing really happens. No error, not any messages, no log text file. I tried both Steam version and itch one with no success on both. Issue is litteraly the same. Tried also troubleshooting advices both with advanced commands and running it without Steam overlay or via Itch with Steam completly killed, it ain't anti-virus either as I turned it off. What's happening?

3. Chaotic Mind

Chaotic Mind New Member

It's a problem with launching from Steam. I did some troubleshooting for Lennian and found that out. A fix is being worked on but if you really want to play the game now then do the Steam disable fix described in this thread and launch game directly from the executable in the game directory. I had to do this to make it work.

https://forums.amorousgame.com/threads/uncensor-me-timbers.2581/

4. SodCan

SodCan New Member

I have the same problem only diffrence is that i get a message ,,Amorous . Game . Windows has stopped working''

5. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Try disabling the Steam overlay in the properties of Amorous on Steam.

6. SodCan

SodCan New Member

Nope, the same problem happens again.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  7. Lennian

Disable Steam completely by creating a NonSteam.txt, then run the game from the folder. Don't use Steam at all!

8. SodCan

SodCan New Member

I'm not sure how to do that

9. Sahill

Sahill New Member

No. It's not "the same" problem.
    Don't hijack my thread.
    I explained it precisely as it was without any errors showing up or anything.
    You also obviously didn't tried troubleshooting advices which are pretty much everywhere. Now back to MY question please?

10. SodCan

SodCan New Member

Sorry, I did make a bad wording there, but I was in a dilemma: I'm new to the forums and wasn't sure was this problem similar enough to post in this thread but I did read the guidelines and it stated that one should not make a new thread if problem seems similar to one already posted in a different thread so I wasn't sure. And I forgot where I can find troubleshooting advices. No need to remind me I'm a moron. Sorry about that.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Sahill likes this.
  11. Lennian

@Sahill Depsite getting hijacked, the same is true for you. Try running the game without Steam on, NonSteam.txt in the root and started right from the directory. Also try running it as Admin.

12. bonbonbunny

bonbonbunny New Member

So i go on steam to try and launch the game but the same message keeps popping up.

"System .NullReferenceException : Object reference not set an instance of an object.
    This is a known issue in v.1.0.3, will be fixed! Remove your options .jsons to fix it!"

So i came here to try and get some help.

Im using a windows 7 HP laptop if that helps

13. Sahill

Sahill New Member

"I tried both Steam version and itch one with no success on both. Issue is litteraly the same. Tried also troubleshooting advices both with advanced commands and running it without Steam overlay or via Itch with Steam completly killed, it ain't anti-virus either as I turned it off." - My first post, admin was also enabled. Results litteraly the same. Worth noting is that game in previous versions worked flawlessly until it came to Steam.. Might be unfound issue with that version?

14. Lennian

So... did you follow the instruction :p?

15. bonbonbunny

bonbonbunny New Member

Well i tried but I dont know where options .jsons is. Ive searched the files but couldnt find it.:confused:

16. BlackInk

BlackInk New Member

In the moment the file was extracted and the app installed, I clicked on it to open it and then a pop up came up and the game crashed

17. Sahill

Sahill New Member

I give up... I tried everything. Can you address it in next patch?

18. Hanna

Hanna New Member

I'm having the same problem, and deleting options .json doesn't change help.

19. kynethw

kynethw New Member

where can I find the options on the steam page when the game crashes before I can even boot it up

20. Husky gamer

Husky gamer New Member

I have crashes when launching the game (У меня вылетает при запуске игры) version steam