Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Can We Set a Custom Resolution?

Discussion in 'Support' started by PrimandProper, Mar 29, 2017.

1. PrimandProper

PrimandProper New Member

I really hope I'm doing this right and not making a fool out of myself.
    I love the game, it works fine with my laptop.
    The only problem is the resolution is so small it doesn't look good: so the obvious answer is to take to my monitor. And another problem emerged: my resolution is a widescreen. (3440x1440)
    F12 screenshot shows everything however... I'll take a Print Screen to show you what I see:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance.
    P.S. I know this isn't the place to talk about it but Mercy is my new favorite. It took a lot to outshine Seth but you did it, Amorous Team. ♥♥♥

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

This is a known issue with large widescreen resolutions. The workaround for now is to use windowed mode, which can be activated by pressing F2.

3. PrimandProper

PrimandProper New Member

Hmmm... That solution doesn't seem to be working for me.
    All it does is either set it back to fullscreen immediately or just show my taskbar. Any other solutions? So far I've had to change the resolution of my entire computer which is no fun but it works.

4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I have a slight suspicion it still seems like full-screen while it isn't. As toggling windowed mode simply toggles the window-border, but doesn't actually reset the window. With Amorous open, hit F2, wait for it to flash and come back. Your taskbar should be visible now. Then hit Windows + Left, followed by Windows + Up and it should re-align itself to the upper-left of your screen, allowing you to resize to your liking :)

5. PrimandProper

PrimandProper New Member

Hmmm, this isn't quite working. If I try to resize this happens with no way of fixing unless I press F2 again: [​IMG]
    I suppose I could just resize my monitor so I have black boxes on each side instead until a possible fix comes out. I really hate bothering you and it's just a minor inconvenience, honestly. Easy workaround to just change your resolution in display settings!
    Thanks again for the suggestions!

6. Afterglow Ampharos

Afterglow Ampharos New Member

When I do this, the windowed screen I end up with it not resizable -- whenever the window is visible, my cursor is ONLY allowed to be withing its boundries, so I can't click and drag the edge. I think Amorous may need a more typical windowed mode.

7. holeyguy

holeyguy New Member

i just fixed the same issue for me. since i am using a tv i had my scaling at 125% to accommodate 60 Inches of screen. resized to 100% and BOOM what do you know. fixed it. found in disply settings for windows.

Note: you will have to press F2 to "re-celebrate" the edges when switching windows to full screen and vice versa.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018