Shoutbox (Disabled)

Can somebody post the controls for me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MuppetNecking, Jul 6, 2015.

1. MuppetNecking

MuppetNecking Active Member

No friggin' idea how to play this game. :confused:

2. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

WASD - JKL
    ARROW KEYS - ZXC

MuppetNecking likes this.
  3. MuppetNecking

Thank you.

4. RoyArtorius

You can also use a controller

5. MuppetNecking

Only three action buttons, though?

6. RoyArtorius

3 buttons but you can combine them

7. iTAG

iTAG New Member

I've tried multiple combinations but I have no idea how you have sex with someone ?____?

8. MuppetNecking

You have to be at the absolute lowest health possible and be knocked on the ground; at that point, enemies MAY proceed into "rape mode" where the sex ensues.

9. iTAG

iTAG New Member

Got it, so I'm not sure if it's a bug but I always get locked out too quickly during the rape scene and then there's a chance I'll get up a fight again (not using a new life) or I just die.

10. Ganerumo

Ganerumo New Member

If you have enough health after the scene you'll survive it, however if you get knocked down immediately afterward it's game over. I'm not sure what exactly is taken in account when the game checks for a game over since I've managed to alter health with Cheat Engine and setting it to maximum can still cause instant game overs by just getting punched.

11. Jasonafex

Jasonafex Team Amorous Team Amorous

You can be fucked an infinite amount of times and never die if your good at escaping, however failing more then twice in one life will consume a life.

You can also die by being reduced to 0 health three times, regardless of whether enemies bonked you or not (Mainly occurs in SFW mode).

12. Verskaizi

Verskaizi New Member

That's where I have a problem with the game. Escaping seems dang near impossible. If I understand correctly you have to balance the cursor straight, but no matter how hard I try to keep it straight the cursor always moves immediately to the right or left and goes into a "lockout." I don't understand what I am doing wrong and some correction would be greatly appreciated to better enjoy the game rather than lose a life every time I get knocked down.

13. RoyArtorius

Turns out the minigame was bugged, there was always some force pushing up when left or right pressed, but it didn't matter which direction you pressed because the horizontal force was multiplied by zero. This has been fixed and will be in the next patch.

Verskaizi likes this.
  14. Verskaizi

Verskaizi New Member

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I will definitely be looking forward to the next patch. :)

15. Lyric Rhapsody

Lyric Rhapsody Member

I have a bit of a problem.... I can't seem to unequip anything I pick up. I have to knocked around and lose health to unequip something, and can't pick up powerups with anything equipped either.

16. RoyArtorius

To holster your weapon you have to be stationary and press Z+C or J+L or if using a controller use the left trigger. Press the same buttons while moving to throw the weapon.

17. Verskaizi

Verskaizi New Member

Thanks for solving this. I was having trouble with this as well. :)

18. Mario69

Mario69 New Member

More precisely XInput controller, unless someone wants to spend rest of their life on rebinding window with DirectInput controller. You guys should look into some proper controller API if you decide to continue working on this game. Haven't coded myself, but unity games using rewired as base has been very pleasant experiences.
    And of course cleanup of input tab on launcher, as some things as "Fire1" won't ever do anything, even better would be to integrate those stuffs into the game instead of using some stock launcher.

19. RoyArtorius

I have actually looked at Rewired on the Unity Asset Store, however, we're not supposed to use anything that does not provide source code, and Rewired does not appear to do that. Good point about fixing up the input tab.

20. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I'd like tho emphasize on this. While I'm against reinventing the wheel, I have an utter hate for closed source external dependencies, because as the name implies, you get dependant on it. Especially if they obfuscate their code. It makes it impossible to track down bugs or even manually fix them untill the author does.

We for examle use Spine for animations in both Amorous and BBS, the runtime is fully open-source and we were glad it was as we've fixed quite a few things because they didn't work as expected/intended.

Mario69 likes this.