Shoutbox (Disabled)

Better dating system(more or less)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Pawsia, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Pawsia

Pawsia New Member

Since Amorous is still in early-ish development it makes sense that the dating system is straight forward but I'm hoping that it gets something like say a status system behind it this way you can more or less insure your failures off what successes you've had, why I bring this up is that there's now a merciless minefield(I'm not sorry ;3) kicking about and I know that one thing players hate is a really poor margin of error before they flat out fail so I feel like this could be a nice system to use, I mean when you think about it real life is kinda the same otherwise I'd have no friends!

Of course that being said I suppose this would work better if date paths weren't so short maybe even more open, I wouldn't mind bumping into characters and such, maybe getting a few cheeky browny points while I'm at it x3

on a side note:
    :amflirty: - Protagonist, I'm begging you please stop always talking about her breasts and/or penis, please!

SkyLeone likes this.
  2. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Something like a relationship system? Such as successful dates filling a meter til you have sex or something?

3. Pawsia

Pawsia New Member

I was thinking a little more elaborate than that but yes I'd imagine if a date was successful it would provide quite the boost in your favour, naturally dates should be a "safe zone" where your choices don't affect your relationship as a whole and instead just the date :3

Think of the meter like you start at 0, the fail point is -100 and the end goal(being sex) is 100, positive and negative choices will influence it in either direction, the date bar might just be you start at 50 as long as you're above 50 it's successful if it's under that then it's failed, basic but effective at least from my own designing perspective :p

Sir Wolf likes this.
  4. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

Like I said, my main problem with the dating system right now is simplicity; Amorous is more of an interactive visual novel, rather than a fully playable game. If there's anything I wish to see added to the dating system, it's the ability of free roam and more decision making (possibly more branching paths).

5. Pawsia

Pawsia New Member

I don't know if they're still aspiring to reach it but a fully explore-able town was a planned feature so that's a bit of free roam no idea how much of an actual role it would play in more finalised versions though might even get lobbed off if they can't come up with a good enough reason for it's existence.

As for branching paths you can never have too many options in your choice own adventure like stories ;D
    (barely scratched the surface of all the choices myself but boy is there a lot of them so far, many interesting alternate choices and such o3o).

MirceaKitsune likes this.
  6. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

I didn't know that... thanks for mentioning, sounds great! Hope they're still planning it indeed, it would make everything 10 times even more awesome.