Shoutbox (Disabled)

Beginner's Guide to BareBack Street

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lukaryse, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Lukaryse

Lukaryse New Member

Welcome to Bareback Street!
    If you've already launched and played the game, you would see that there are no tutorials nor controls! It's not a bug or a glitch, it's just because the game is in V0.1.1 (VERY early alpha.) My guess is that the team who are working (very hard!) on the game and wanted to give people a quick demo/teaser of what their new game will be. But that's not my job to know what their team is doing, but it is my thread's job to tell you how to effectively be an alpha-tester of BBS!

Controls
    W/A/S/D -Move Up/Move Left/Move Down/Move Right (Double tap for running)
    Z/J -Attack (Can be used while running or jumping)
    K/X -Jump
    C/L -Special ability. For now, it's a charged explosion that trades a chuck of your HP for tons of damage.

Grabbing
    Grabbing is one of the interesting mechanics in this game, but it is also one of the hardest to perform. There isn't a simple press button that allows you to lunge forward and grab someone, it can only be performed with the side moving controls (A and D). I suggest you try to eliminate all enemies before practicing this move yourself.
    1:Walk right up into an enemy until you see your hands grab hold of them. This is represented by your character stopping and the enemy in a hurt position. It is recommended that you injure the enemy before attempting the grab
    2:You can either press the backwards button at this point to pick them or to press the attack button to combo them.
    21/2 :If you pick them up, you will walk around holding them in the air until your press the attack button, slamming them on the ground and dealing massive damage to your enemy and others nearby.
    3: Bam, massive damage dealt. This will most likely finish them off or put them on a one-shot-KO state

Escaping the "finisher"
    (probably the main reason why most people wanted to try this game out)
    Enemies will be able to grab you and ride you if your HP bar is less than 1 bar. This will give you the immediate sex scene and the ability to try to escape (but who wants to?).Can be disabled by turning on SFW mode. Most people have complained that the grab is way to fast and they can't react fast enough. But if you pay attention, you will be able to fight it off with a few tips.
    1: You will you know you are about to get grabbed if you are naked on the ground and an enemy rips off their clothes and approaches you.
    2: If you are low on health and knocked to the ground, DO NOT TRY TO MOVE AROUND. This will guarantee that you will fail your escape.
    3: The grapple bar is displayed as 3 parts of an upper circle, the sides displayed red. And if you haven't noticed, you aren't supposed to let your line touch those areas.
    4: The goal is to balance the line in the middle with the A and D buttons, and if you keep it in the middle for a short period of time, a green area will grow. If you manage to get your line to the green area, press attack to immediately escape the finisher.

Statuses:

• Lockout - You're fucked. Literally. The line won't move and you're (oh so painfully) forced to sit through the animation as you climax and take damage.
    • Escape now! - This happens when you successfully put your line in the green area. Pressing attack will allow you to escape.

Powerups
    • Small red bag - Heals an amount of HP
    • Large green bag - Heals a large amount of HP, probably restoring full HP
    • BBS medal - Gives you an extra life
    • Dildos (can be disabled by turning on SFW mode) - Gives you a powerful weapon with limited use.
    • Guns - Gives you a ranged weapon. IMO, they're not the best right now since they can't really do any damage.
    Probably more, but I haven't found them all.

SFW Mode
    To turn on safe more, go to options and turn off Nudity, Dildo weapons and sex. Bam, child secure.

Well, that's all there is to the guide of the game. Please help support Jasonafex and his amazing team of developers by supporting on Patreon and spreading the word as well!

Stay furry my friends!
    -Lukaryse

2. Prolexus

Prolexus New Member

There are 2 other things you can do.

1) Press attack and special to store/throw your held item

2)Press jump and special to do a parry

3. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

Actually, the Lockout is not permanent and can still escape from it

4. EastCoastOtter

EastCoastOtter New Member

Is there a way to change the key mapping? Attack moves are all over the place.

5. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

There will be in-game remapping input in the next update (though I wouldn't say the moves are all of the place considering the 3 buttons for each scheme are right next to each other on standard qwerty keyboards: zxc and jkl)

Darth Leo likes this.
  6. jamilah

jamilah New Member

Another powerup is "Invincibility", which is a blue, shield shaped powerup with an "I" in it. Lasts for about 10 seconds.

Darth Leo likes this.
  7. Dreamerdomena

Dreamerdomena New Member

how do you pic up powerups

8. Zurch

Zurch New Member

I feel like I arrived a little too late, but for future references, you just gotta stand on top of it and try to attack. Verge automatically crouches and pick it up.

9. Daemyx

Daemyx Member

People who can't figure that out on their own probably shouldn't play games.

10. Rio The Arctic Fox

Rio The Arctic Fox Active Member

thanks!!! now i can escape the finisher!!!

11. Kyle Bique

Kyle Bique New Member

Hey I have a question