Shoutbox (Disabled)

Animation POVs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icefreeze, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

I had no idea which category I should have put this in, but I suppose this makes the most sense. I was simply curious how the scenes would play out, as I hopped on the band wagon late and never got to see the animation at the end of the v1.0 alpha, and I can't find videos of it anywhere. So, simply put, what POV are the animations in? First person or third person (Such as Jasonafex's typical animations)? And I would assume that these animations have your character in them, which is really impressive in my opinion. Sorry for bothering you, I was just curious. Thank you for your time.

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

They will be a limited POV, with usually more focus on the character you are sharing the bed. The reason for this is the customization. We have at least 200 different parts, and that number is only climbing. THe more parts of the player that are visible in the animation, the more work it is to get done. So in order to keep it to the bare minimum, we only bring some prominent parts in view so you can still identify your character (eg. marking, colors, type of cock, that sort of thing).

I'll generate an example for you, check back in a second.

EDIT: Here you go (click to enlarge):

ss+(2015-04-13+at+10.49.23).jpg

3. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Ah, thanks. And wow, that system seems pretty neat, how you can decide what to do (multiple speed alteration choices, how you want to 'finish him', etc.). Although the players arm looks somewhat... stiff. o_O And... wait. Is that scene going to be in the full game? :O

4. Lennian

Yes, this was the "hidden scene" from v0.1, which only those with a beast of a PC and a lot of patience would see, because it was an unoptimized mess.

5. Zarko Elkholm

Zarko Elkholm New Member

Just with that attachment, I'm excited to see this.

6. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

*facepalm* Yeah, that makes more sense. I constantly mix up Jax's and Coby's name, and I thought the scene at the end was with Jax, so I thought this was new. Whoops.

Gah, anyway, I would hope that now (or at least when the update comes out) they will be able to run on not-so-beastly computers? Because although mine is good, it is far from that status.

7. Lennian

They will load in the background and will roughly take only a 300 mb's of ram max and start loading during the dialogue just before it. Full HD images are 2.7MB a piece, and we're loading roughly 120 of them, it takes about 1 minute to completely prepare the sexscene in the background. This will be optimized further eventually if we do not end up changing them to Spine anyway.

In total, with Unity running, I rarely see the game top 1GB of RAM, so most potato's can run the game now.

8. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Ah, thanks! I can definitely run that. Although I have to say, kudos to the artist of that Coby one (Was it Kabier?). I'm personally not a fan of gay artwork, but honestly, that is actually sexy. Really looking forward to the animations that are to come!
    Ha. I didn't even mean to do that.

EDIT: And, just out of a curiosity, is there anyway to get the v1.0 demo of Amorous? I know it was removed, but I'd kind of like to check out the animation, even if my computer does explode.

9. Lennian

@Icefreeze I re-uploaded it for you, keep in mind this is still the old, somewhat untrusted filehoster.

Open this link, after loading close it: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/146461e4
    Then click this to actually start downloading: http://www.datafilehost.com/get.php?file=146461e4

The host as an anti-hotlink protection, so you need to access the site first.

EDIT: Just for the record, it's v0.1.1. When we're talking about v1.0 it would literally mean the version that has everything in it.

Icefreeze likes this.
  10. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

11. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Well, that's sort of what I figured, as the most recent one is v0.2, but then you see this...
    https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1194749
    So I really had no idea what to call it. Sorry.

I played it, and the scene actually ran perfectly on my computer. o_O I thought my computer wasn't very good with stuff like that, but apparently 6 gigabytes of RAM and a crappy graphics card is enough to run it that well. Dat animation dough.

:amflirty:

But wait, what's the difference between 'finish him' and 'finish him on sequence'? Because as far as I can tell, nothing changes between them. o_O

Anyway, is the v0.3 release still set for tomorrow? Or will it be moved to a later date? Because honestly, take your time. If this game is going to be as good as it looks like it will be, then I think it deserves all the time it needs. Keep up the good work! :)

12. Lennian

We never said it was set for tomorrow ;3 However, we're speeding as fast as we can cause we want to get it out of the way. Unity 5 has a lot of new features we want to use and right now v0.3 is blocking that progression.

EDIT:
    Finish him on sequence syncs up the cumming with his thrusting. He actually comes when deep inside, instead of right when the slowest speed is reached.

13. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Oh, um, I must have misinterpreted one of your most recent posts here------->
    http://forums.amorousgame.com/threads/got-an-update-for-us.34/#post-239
    Sorry. I couldn't tell if that was an actual set date or not with the way you phrased it. xD
    Ah, okay. I couldn't tell, but I'll certainly look at it again later.

When you say Unity 5 is blocking the progression, what are you referring to? I assume it's difficult to port the code from the other version?
    Sorry for asking so many questions. :confused:

14. Lennian

Someone made a joke and asked if we could expect the update before the release of GTA 5. I pretty much said, while we certainly try, the chances are unlikely. Everything from now on is "when it's done".

I'm saying that v0.3 is blocking the progress that can be made on the upgrade to Unity 5. We chose to postpone that update so we don't end up rewriting a lot of systems which would cause even more delays. However, it's also working against us, because we now know we're writing a lot of code now that's going to end up in the recycle bin.

15. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Ooooh. Sorry about the misinterpretation. D:

Oh... jeez, that really sucks. Well, you're doing great anyhow. Good luck!

16. Duralt'Vihar

Duralt'Vihar New Member

I didn't have any trouble with it :D