Shoutbox (Disabled)

Amorous wont launch

Discussion in 'Backup' started by Sami1232, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Sami1232

Sami1232 New Member

Im new and dont know what i do wrong, the game is up to date but when i press start nothing happens

2. Drakalith

Drakalith New Member

I'm having this same problem, however, I noticed something else too. The application file didn't download to my computer either: Is this supposed to have happened?

3. Jake Joiner

Jake Joiner New Member

For me, the install file changed when I opened it. It changed to the launcher. that's how you open the game.

4. Joseph Rambadt

Joseph Rambadt New Member

ok Im having this problem too I think, after finally waiting for the download, it wont play even though Id played fursona maker eariler but now even that wont work, I went to the version text file and all it has is o in it dont know if that something to do with it...it took hours to download Amorous...just want to play it now... >.<

5. Joseph Rambadt

Joseph Rambadt New Member

Managed to fix :)

6. Westygalery

Westygalery New Member

I'm having the same problem. It looks as though the game file (.exe) didn't even download but the public windows did? I'm not that technically knowledgeable so I'm not sure how to fix this :( I've downloaded and re downloaded it three times now!

7. Airsofter

Airsofter New Member

How'd you fix it???

8. Enja Lumerias

Enja Lumerias New Member

I'm having a similar problem...I click play and nothing happens. I double click and it highlights the text for the updates. However, I CAN Play Fursona maker and Bare BackStreet...so this is very confusing.

9. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Did you check the FAQ? Amorous is pretty big, and downloads tend to corrupt. Remove the version.txt and retry, there is no other way at this point in time. The new version of the launcher that goes into testing soon, has integrity checks.

10. Enja Lumerias

Enja Lumerias New Member

Ah, thank you sir, I'll get right to that and see if it helps.

11. Crimson Cobalt

Crimson Cobalt New Member

HOW PLS TELL ME

12. OnyxRend

OnyxRend New Member

ok I'm not super good about downloading files and all, but when i wait for the 2 hour download to be completed, Amorous won't let me play the game, can anyone help me? i really want to play this game

13. AsuraTheLichKing

AsuraTheLichKing New Member

could you be so kind to inform me how you did so? I've had the same exact problem id I've really wanted to play this game. I would be so grateful. thanks

14. shuno

shuno New Member

yeah launcher wont open.

15. AsuraTheLichKing

I figured it out. If you dont have any progress in the games delete the entire games folder. Wait for the server to be stable itll say 3/3 at the top of team amorous home page. Then reinstall.

16. AsuraTheLichKing

I figured out my problem* but tell me if it works for you

17. LunaMoonlight

LunaMoonlight New Member

I am having this same problem, like i have the game but it says it can not Launch the game what so ever

18. Floofy_Trash

Floofy_Trash New Member

The same thing is happening to me. I tried it as well and now I keep getting the message saying something went wrong.

19. ZuxCiel

ZuxCiel New Member

20. theWatcher

theWatcher Member

I believe it is covered in the Launcher FAQ. The simple version is delete the version.txt and re-download when the server status is 3/3 (seen in at the top of the page on the forums and launcher). If it isn't launching but there is Amorous.exe in the folder, then just run that instead. If that doesn't work, do the first thing again (only delete version.txt)