Shoutbox (Disabled)

Update Amorous v0.8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lennian, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Just in time for summer vacation, we're announcing the public release of Amorous v0.8 for all platforms!

In this version, we're introducing you to the versatile Lex. Or is it Alexia? We're not quite sure either...

Due to @Kabier having pneumonia, the development cycle for v0.8 took longer than originally anticipated. We didn't let this time go to waste however. Given some NPCs decided to take an unannounced leave of absence in v0.7, we made sure their contracts now state they have to stick around until at least Amorous v1.0!

Jesting aside, we fixed over 20 publicly known bugs. Most notable being:
    • Sexscene looping is glitchy
    • Sexscene player customization layers are not consistent
    • Jax and others are invisible / misplaced
    • Fading from black occasionally hangs the game
    For a more complete list, please refer to https://forums.amorousgame.com/forums/v0-7.39/

On top of bug-fixing, we also did the following:
    • Added a whole new version of the Prologue
    • Added option to change clothes in your bedroom
      • Purely from an imaginary point of view. It is planned to utilize this in the dates, however.
    • Added option to specify how the game should handle the subject of your gender through a series of simple questions.
      • Existing saves will be presented with the same questionnaire after loading, no need to start a new game.
      • The only date to incorporate these changes right now is Lex'.
    We hope you'll sincerely enjoy this release!

Team Amorous

2. reggiefall

reggiefall New Member

Awwwww yea!
    Thanks!
    I couldn't wait more!

3. Sky Ochsner

Sky Ochsner New Member

My launcher still says v0.7 and so I verified files and everything is still v0.7. Should I re-download or something?

EDIT: It's fixed now XD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
  4. Lennian

I'm sorry, I totally forgot to disable the old version.

5. Sky Ochsner

Sky Ochsner New Member

No problem, tell the whole team to keep up the amazing work! :3

6. Gamerwolfseven

Gamerwolfseven New Member

I loaded a save from v0.7, where I dated Remy, and she seems to be missing from the contacts list.

7. Lennian

Could you upload your save for me to google drive or whatever? I'll check it out ASAP! But I have a suspicion already :)

8. Gamerwolfseven

Gamerwolfseven New Member

Since I just made an account it wont let me post a link. Any other way?
    Edit: Was able to send through messages.

9. FurLovingDragon

FurLovingDragon Member

The mouse seems to have gotten sick somehow... It's green!

But awesome work there - the wait was totally worth it! And @Kabier: Get well soon ;)

10. Dafan26019

Dafan26019 New Member

Yo! First off, thanks for all the great work the team's put into Amorous, it's amazing!

I just had one quick question though, when you're working through Lex's storyline and eventually unlock the 'booty call', there's an option to toggle the skin between a male and female version of Lex - Is the male skin just a bonus for the animation, or can the character actually be male instead of female, as in my playthrough?

11. Supreme Overlord Llama

Supreme Overlord Llama New Member Team Amorous Supporter

Gotta say Lex is the first character I don't like at all. Really not digging her/him specially with this whole what gender are they. Really wish you guys kept Jacky and Alexia as separate characters but if you had no choice like with Tre I can understand. However if this was a creative choice I think the wrong call was made, even more so because this game lacks females already and currently there are no dominate females either.. Anyway those are just my 2 cents.

Also are you guys done with Amorous after 4th date wrap up for the characters? I was hoping you would keep going but it's still very well made regardless and thanks for all your hard work.

12. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

This is truly wonderful to hear, I shall gladly try it out soon! Thank you for the wonderful work as always :p

And I hope Kabier will alright with that; I had pneumonia as a kid, only time in my life when I spent nearly a month in the hospital. Was told that if we came later I might have been dead... so yeah, something to be careful with.

13. radman1889

radman1889 Member

Not a bad date, but still, Lex is the last one? Sad, I wanted more of those cuties in game. :(

14. Lennian

Spoilered that for you, but yes, you totally can if you play the cards right.

15. Lennian

Spoilered that for you, too. It was both creative choice as well as practical, the last two characters we originally had planned were not our property, so we settled on one more brand new character (with a twist) and then adding fourth dates for all NPCs with loose ends.

I'm personally not a fan of the whole gender neutrality political correctness, but we know a lot of our fanbase are, or stuggle with it themselves. In the end, we make the game for you guys, not for ourselves.

Sir Wolf likes this.
  16. Supreme Overlord Llama

Supreme Overlord Llama New Member Team Amorous Supporter

Thanks for the answer and that is understandable, I think I am just little bit disappointed that we won't see Jacky. I also have seen or talked to a few people that really like the character, so hey different strokes for different folks. Still a great game anyways.

Also was not thinking about spoilers, thanks for changing that.

17. Alexsear

Alexsear New Member

Remy missing from contacts list on phone, I think I remember my save, last time my completed flirty her. It bug Right?

18. Lennian

Known bug.

19. Atokada

Atokada New Member

Alex's eyes randomly show up (closed/blink cycle) when the asset isn't suppose to be visible. Also an errant </ i> in the bar scene.

20. Lennian

Known bugs ;p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.