Shoutbox (Disabled)

Update Amorous v0.5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lennian, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

After a few days in Patreon testing (on a side note: all the more reasons to back us), we are proud to announce the public release of Amorous v0.5 - This time introducing to you: Zenith!

Zenith comes with a little surprise halfway into his dates for you to find out about ;)

Changes
    Other than adding Zenith, we have optimized the memory usage of the player customization and main menu. As well as fixing some crashes on Mac and Linux :)

Further fixes to all of the reported issues (for which a thank you is in place, by the way) are planned for the next update.

Player Customization
    "But hey, I still can't save my templates, what's up with that?!" We can hear you think. It turns out saving is not actually broken! It's just not very intuitive. So let us explain how it works - and we promise we'll make it "better" soon(tm):
    1. After typing a name, click "Add new player template". This adds a player template to the dropdown.
    2. Open the dropdown, select it, and close again.
    3. Adjust the template as you would normally do.
    4. When you are happy with the result, simply click "Save all player templates".
    You can now safely switch between templates without losing them.

Conclusion
    Now get downloading! Simply start your launcher, pick your flavor and choose the "Update" option from the menu. If you have Amorous v0.4.1 installed, it will only have to update a few files.

Linux/Mac users still have to launch the game manually since we haven't rolled out a new launcher version yet.

RoyArtorius, Zhaarek, Flibble and 2 others like this.
  2. AlphaWolfAlex

AlphaWolfAlex New Member

Yeahhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

3. thecybergrape

thecybergrape New Member

4. Trainer Red

Trainer Red New Member

wHOA-
    I wasn't expecting the new update to be out this soon.
    Great work! :)

5. Mundensi

Mundensi New Member

Well they said roughly every month. They delivered!. So happy

6. Lennian

A file got misplaced during packaging the release-version last night. Please re-validate your v0.5 and it should re-download exactly 1 file :)

7. Colin Tremmel

Colin Tremmel Member

Where do I download it because I want to play it right now?

8. Lennian

9. Colin Tremmel

Colin Tremmel Member

I think the launcher is really needed because I hate trying to run games from the terminal

10. PsychoEm14

PsychoEm14 New Member

I followed the instructions and successfully installed the Mac version on my Macbook Air (I run 10.12.3, the latest OS).

I get all the way to the Verify, Play or Back "screen" in Terminal without any issues, but when I try to run it, I get the following error:

[​IMG]

Any known fix?

EDIT: Actually, this is probably not the thread where I should be posting this message. My apologies. How do I delete this?

11. Lennian

@PsychoEm14 Launch the file it mentions yourself with the terminal :)

12. robloxianbrony

robloxianbrony New Member

What do I type in the terminal to start the installation?

13. robloxianbrony

I have already put in the commands on the bash_profiler to bind "amorous" to the launch command, but what do I say to update the game? (Blanked out my username for privacy reasons)

Link to the images:
    https://unsee.cc/gunepira/

14. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

What a nice surprise to be met with this evening :p While I was hoping Mercy and / or Jacky would make it into 0.5, I'm definitely as excited to try this update out! At a first glance, I admit Zenith doesn't look like the type of character I'll love all that much... with Amorous and its plot twists however, you never know!

Just one very minor issue for me so far: The main menu still says 0.4 at the bottom-right of the screen! Thankfully the popup at game start (the one saying "this is still a work in progress") clarifies I'm running 0.5; For a moment it led me to believe the update failed.

[​IMG]

15. Setch Dreskar

Setch Dreskar New Member

The save feature doesn't work, so hopefully that better option comes soon. Tried about 20 times to save, following your instructions and it doesn't work at all.

16. robloxianbrony

Never mind. I figured it out.

17. Mr. X

Mr. X New Member

I must be more stupid than usual today, because I can't get it to work. This is all I do:

- Type name.
    - Click "New player template".
    - Select the template created.
    - Modify something small (body type, belly color...)
    - Click "Save all player templates".

After that, If I select a different template, when I reselect the one I created it becomes the default one. Maybe am I missing something?

18. Asriel Dreamurr

Asriel Dreamurr Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Yeah I did exactly what he said but still the template won't change !

Could anyone share this "surprise" ? I did the date multiple times with different choises but I did'nt notice any particular changes ! Maybe it's a easter egg i didn't find...

19. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

That is exactly the problem I noticed! However that was in 0.4, and from what I understand it should save in 0.5. If not, it might mean the problem was never solved.

[EDIT] Just checked and confirming the problem still exists in 0.5! "Save all player templates" does NOT update the currently selected template, and switching to another template then back after pressing it causes you to lose all changes made.

20. ke55

ke55 New Member

Heres a temp fix for the template issue:
    1. make a template
    2. save the template
    3. start a game with the default bird guy
    4. save
    5. use notepad to open your save in amorous/windows(or other OS)/Saves, as well as the playertemplates.json
    6. find the data of your template in the playertemplates, and paste it in your save.

Note: the saves are in JSON format. If you can't figure it out, read up on the format.

MirceaKitsune likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.