Shoutbox (Disabled)

Amorous v0.5 Review

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Trainer Red, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Trainer Red

Trainer Red New Member

*clap*
    *clap*
    *clap*

I have to say, this is probably my favorite update. Lennian did a fantastic job getting this out so quickly.

Let's look at some cons of the update first:

As usual, there were a few frustrating bugs when the update first came out.

- The player template system didn't work properly.

- After the second date, if you chose a certain option, when you called Zenith back it would just replay the second date. I found it funny that the update was released on February 2nd. Y'know, Groundhog Day? Time loops?
    (Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week.)

-
    Some minor text errors. Some parts would have your player-name instead of "Zenith." Nothing major.

But it seems that all of these glitches have been patched in the new hotfix.

I have noticed some other bugs in the hotfix.

- When you meet Zenith, the character that storms off (I forgot their name-) ends up staying on the screen in the background.

- Sometimes text boxes will stay there when transitioning. For example, Zenith's text box stayed on screen throughout the mini-game.

My only other con is: I wish there were more. I seriously loved this date-path so much.

Now, it's time for the pros.

• The writing.
    I seriously feel the need to compliment the writing for this update. I have no idea how to explain it, but it seemed so much more realistic.

(Right here is some very minor spoilers. Probably won't even spoil your experience if you haven't played it yet.)

For example, during the first date, when your character blurts out that they should have a picnic, Zenith laughs and replies with "A picnic... Y'know, that sounds fuckin' amazing."
    I love the realism with Zenith. He's "to the point." This is even more evident in the 2nd date. I won't say anything about it though, I try to avoid giving any spoilers.

Another thing I like is how evident his accent is. You can easily form a voice in your head due to the use of apostrophes and alternate spellings.

"Whiskey" really did a fantastic job with Zenith.

• Zenith's backstory/conflict.
    I will not spoil anything, but WOW. Zenith's backstory is the best one I've seen yet. I was seriously amazed.
    Again, the writing is realistic and I think Zenith's backstory is clear evidence of that.

• You also get a very well-made mini game as well!

• The problem with sex scenes was fixed. The characters no longer go so fast that they fly around the screen.

I'm not sure what else I can say. Playing this update was a genuine good time.

tl;dr version: Very good.

So there it is! I can't say much more without giving away spoilers. If you haven't played v0.5 yet, I highly recommend you do.

Feel free to comment your own thoughts, likes, and dislikes about v0.5!

[​IMG]

Flibble likes this.