Shoutbox (Disabled)

Update Amorous v0.4 release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lennian, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Some history...
    Almost exactly two years ago, in 2014, we brought you Amorous v0.1. It was just the prologue of the game with Coby's sexscene as a bonus.

In December 2014, we brought you Amorous v0.2, introducing a lot more concepts and the introduction-dates to Jax, Seth and Skye, as well as a fully dateable Coby.

In March 2015, we brought you Amorous v0.3, introducing a fully dateable Jax and Seth.

And after that... well... we kinda brought you nothing :p But today! Today is the day we bring you: Amorous v0.4!

Changes
    A lot has happened between then and now. A lot of bad, but luckily, also a lot of good.

- We have completely rewritten Amorous v0.4 from scratch in a new engine, this time making sure it can survive additional changes.
    - The game is fully cross-platform and Mac/Linux users can play Amorous v0.4 just like everyone else! You guys even get a fully functional launcher to keep the game up-to-date.*
    - We have added new dates, sexscenes, locations, cameo's, music, sound effects, you name it! We even revamped all of the old dates to include stuff we couldn't before.
    - The in-game phone is completely revamped and plays a much more prominent role in the game now. It is now scripted during dates, plays proper animations as you navigate. It also gives you access to all the important parts of the game (eg. quickly jump between home and club).
    - We have even added an auto-save feature just in case you forget to save from all the awesomeness that we bestow upon you.

Really, we can keep listing all the nifty stuff we've done but we can only assume you just want to play it, NOW!

* Mac/Linux version introduced an unexpected crash during release, this will be fixed tomorrow, you can still download it though!

New launcher
    As part of Amorous we have also revamped our launcher architecture, giving you a brand new launcher for all of our games to use.

The launcher is now a standalone application which will get even more sophisticated over time, which not only can download the games for you, but also update and verify! It knows when things are broken and will do it's best to fix it for you. So no more hassle with your browser, or downloads being corrupt!

Download
    In order to get the new launcher, simply go here: https://launcher.amorousgame.com/

Follow the instructions for your particular Operating System and you are good to go!

Mac/Linux users will have to do with a slightly more technical solution to run the game. We promise this will get better soon. But at least you can play, right?

Bugs and issues
    As always, you can report your bugs and issues with the game in this section: https://forums.amorousgame.com/forums/issues-and-bugs.11/

We will wipe all v0.3 related stuff so we can start with a clean slate.

If you're having issues with the launcher or want to report a bug, please use this section: https://forums.amorousgame.com/forums/team-amorous-launcher.32/

Final word
    With Amorous v0.4 out of the way, a huge weight is lifted from our shoulders. The game is now in a state where the only bits of code that will have to be added is to support new content like additional NPC's and triggering the dates, so we are optimistic a two year delay will not happen anytime soon again :p

For now, we hope you enjoy this new release!

Team Amorous

2. Doonbal

Doonbal Active Member

I'll have to experience this all new Amorous tomorrow unfortunately, damn timezones :p

3. Battleredwing

Battleredwing New Member

I played the crap out of V3 only a few hours ago and now you release V4 man my timing is impecable

4. Archer

Archer New Member

Holy shit. Amorous v0.4. Lennian and the whole Amorous team, thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting up with our impatience.

Friedrich likes this.
  5. Raptonic

Raptonic New Member

Well done Staff, you have done a great job !

6. Tutori

Tutori New Member

Awesome! It's been such of a long time. So glad it's finally out! Thank you.

7. stormworm25

stormworm25 New Member

I'm still new to this game and such, since I just found out about it maybe no less than 2 weeks ago, but I can tell you guys put a lot of work into it. I'm downloading v0.4 right now and I'm really excited! Thank you guys for making such an amazing game and spending a lot of time into it <3

8. Duralt'Vihar

Duralt'Vihar New Member

Skye's story was great!
    It's very relatable too :D

Words cannot fully express how much I loved Skye and her date/story.

10/10
    Keep up the good work~

9. Drake Darkfox

Drake Darkfox New Member

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I'm ecstatic that v4 is out. :p

10. Insane Vel

Insane Vel New Member

i cant access the issues and bug forum for some reason :/

DaraSilverDragon likes this.
  11. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Fixed a huge sum of bugs, but may have messed up sound-effects causing weird crashed. Will have to postpone update 0.4.1 till tomorrow...

Battleredwing likes this.
  12. Drake Darkfox

Drake Darkfox New Member

What will be included in the 0.4.1 update???

Friedrich likes this.
  13. Shadowbomb

Shadowbomb New Member

Mostly just bug fixes I believe

14. GothFox

GothFox New Member

Man, playing v0.4 was defintiely a blast! I'm looking forward to playing other possible scenarios in the future ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.