Shoutbox (Disabled)

A question for everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryeiu, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Ryeiu

Ryeiu Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

I just thought of a interesting question. When did the furry community Acually become a community?

2. Serothi

Serothi New Member

Hang on I got the file up right here...

*clears throat*

Long ago in a distant land I, Aku, the shape shifting master of darkness unleashed an UNSPEAKABLE evil! But, a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.

Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future - where my evil is law! Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku!

And that's how I remember it.

3. Ryeiu

I love the pun, ja! I love samurai jack! nice one but really when did all of this become a community

4. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Excerpt from wikipedia:
    "During the 1980s, furry fans began to publish fanzines, developing a diverse social group that eventually began to schedule social gatherings. By 1989, there was sufficient interest to stage the first furry convention.[7] Throughout the next decade, the Internet became accessible to the general population and became the most popular means for furry fans to socialize.[8] The newsgroupalt.fan.furry was created in November 1990, and virtual environments such as MUCKs also became popular places on the Internet for fans to meet and communicate."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

Teriksa, SlyKudo and Ryeiu like this.
  5. Ryeiu

hmm well thanks man that great to know man if anyone has any other info plz enlighten me and any one else who is watching.

6. ShadowTheWolf360

ShadowTheWolf360 New Member

wow i actually never thought of that......

7. Ryeiu

Thought of what?

8. Jenie

Jenie Member

I was not even around... and in fact i did not know such a thing existed until i was like 24.. i went to second life, and i met my boyfriend.. he's a cute little pink fox.. after that i got extremely interested in the furry fandom.. but honestly i don't even consider myself a furry... but i guess i AM a furry.. or rather a scalie since i have a anthro persona or fursona or what ever. My Raptoress.
    But i do find it really funny that this fandom has been around so many years and become what it has become.. or rather.. the funny part to me is that i did not know about it until i reached my 20s lol >_<
    I'm almost 40 now.

9. Ryeiu

Hmm wow I knew of this world when I was 10 kind of I played sly cooper and they are furryies so I guess I've been a furry for Almost ten years

10. Jomackson

Jomackson New Member

tbh, even as far as early human civilization gods repressented as humanoid half human half what have you were seen as divine beings, so though I doubt actually worship is a non fringe thing, the idea of admiration for anthropomorphic animals is as old as religion itself. Just look at how nearly every Egyptian god is basically a furry.

11. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Not only that but many Greek gods would even manifest themselves as animals and have sexual intercourse with humans. Greeks have many interesting occurences such as this in their religion, they were quite kinky lol.

12. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous